Due October, November, December 2013!

Discussion in 'Who's Due When...' started by Raunchy-Row, Feb 24, 2013.

1. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

My OH has said a number of times he will most likely have a vasectomy but I honestly can't see him going through with it. Then again we are both absolutely 100% sure we do not want more so maybe he will. It just seems such a turnaround going from infertile to getting pregnant the one and only time you don't use protection! lol!

2. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

If we had another baby a few years from now it would definitely be the last pregnancy and he'd pretty much be forced into getting fixed. I'd actually prefer we both get fixed if it's getting done though, like it seems more fair that way or something. Or maybe I'll end up liking the IUD and we'd go back to it. I don't know. To many what ifs still. I just know I don't feel like I'm done yet, but might after this baby is here. DH only ever wanted two kids in the first place but we'd compromised at 4. I just don't want Callie to grow up without a sister if this one turns out to be a boy. I always wanted a sister and only had brothers. I felt like I was missing out. At this point the only way we'd be likely to have another down the road is if this is a boy, but that would probably be about 3 years from now anyway.

3. Raunchy-Row

Raunchy-Row Super Moderator Staff Member

Are you sensitive to hormones? The Mirena might be an option for you--that'll make your period lighter rather than heavier. I went with copper because I get so crazy on hormones.

Eli will be 10 months in 10 days. Can't even believe how fast they grow. I'm back at work full time and we're buying our house so I'm picking up a lot of shifts. Hubby stays home with him which is brilliant and I get to use the work pumps so my supply is still doing okay and he nurses really well when I'm home :) He's crawling now and pulling himself up and chasing the cats around the house :)

4. BunnyGirl19

I can't really have the hormones because of my clotting disorder, which leaves Paragard. In the past progesterone-only was considered an iffy option, but I got horrible ovarian cysts from it that I had to have drained and I bled nearly constantly like a period. I'd bleed for 3 weeks straight, then stop for about a week, and then the whole cycle would repeat again. If I could have tolerated the minipill I might have been able to try Mirena or Skyla even though it was considered risky for my clotting disorder. Anything else is a definite no on my list of options.

5. Raunchy-Row

Ah yeah then Paraguard is your best bet. FWIW I didn't have a huge increase in bleeding with it, just some extra cramping. I'm irregular anyway so it didn't help with that but it worked just fine for the 6 years I had it in!

6. BunnyGirl19

Around midnight on 10/7 I went upstairs to watch TV in bed. Within minutes I started having regular and painful contractions. After them not getting better after an hour with drinking and changing position I went to L&D under the assumption I was going to get some meds to relax my uterus and go home. When I got there I was 4.5 cm dilated, too far to stop labor. I ended up delivering at 3:27 am, so just under 3-1/2 hours of labor total. I got my VBAC, but an extremely painful one because there was no time for an epidural.

Baby Thatcher Chase born at 30w2d weighing 3 lb 9 oz, 16 in. (I'll post a photo once I figure out why it won't let me.)

7. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Wow BG, I wasn't expecting that! I hope you are both doing well!

8. BunnyGirl19

He's doing very well considering his age. He's on CPAP for breathing assistance and IV and tube feedings, but no health problems found so far. He's expected to do well, just needs time to mature and learn to do the stuff he needs to go home (feeding, consistent breathing, and regulating temperatre). Last night his weight was down to 3 lb 5 oz, but wasn't very swollen anymore. He's expected to be in the hospital for 6-8 weeks so should be coming home around Thanksgiving.

9. BunnyGirl19

image.jpg It says most of my pictures are too big, but this one with his tubes and things off fit. It's just not one that lets you really see how tiny he is.

10. Raunchy-Row

Awwww Bunny congrats! He's gorgeous! Glad you got your VBAC and sorry it was so early! What a surprise!

11. BunnyGirl19

It doesn't appear that anyone really comes on here anymore, but I thought I'd update. I got pregnant in July with my IUD in and miscarried a day or two after they removed it. I got it replaced and then found out in December I was pregnant again so had IUD removed. At my 6 week scan I was found to have conceived triplets. WTF?!! Only two babies continued to grow though, so now I'm due in September with twins. I don't think I'm over the shock yet. LOL