Due October, November, December 2012

Discussion in 'Who's Due When...' started by MyrtleWarbler, Feb 3, 2012.

1. MyrtleWarbler

MyrtleWarbler Super Moderator Staff Member

Now that there's a couple of us, we can get the party started over here!! [​IMG]

2. MyrtleWarbler

Re: Due Oct, Nov, Dec 2012!!

I'll go first...

Due with #2 on October 2, 2012. May be a Sept baby if he/she comes early like Allison did!

Only symptoms so far... A mild cold (had the worst one of my life when my first preg started!). Also, exhausted but random insomnia most nights. Like last night I woke at 4 and couldn't sleep for an hour. Dozed off at 5 then up before my alarm at 6. Not a nice combination! No signs of m/s, never had it with Allie at all. Knock on wood!

3. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Congrats to all here, and H&H 9 months!!

MW, I had insomnia too early on. I think it was more the anxiety of the new BFP, and freaking out that something would go wrong (another EP, another m/c). Even the fatigue when it set in, wasn't so bad. I just napped when Sofie napped. Now I use her nap time to get on my elliptical, as to not gain a massive amount of weight again, and so far its working!

Here's to no m/s, cus that is nooo fun!!!!

4. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

Hiya Due 14th October from my calculations, going to see doctor on Friday to get booked in with the midwife, told work today and have been moved around the school to a 'safer' class until a risk assessment can be made (had a really relaxing day!) Told my other half who has warmed up quite quickly [​IMG] and now I just need to tell our son (after 12weeks just-in-case) I have a cold, but there is one going around... Been a bit funny sleeping, and defo feeling tired by the end of the day, but so far, so good. Hoping the morning nausea doesn't get too much worse. I miss eating breakfast [​IMG]

5. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

My main issues last pregnancy:
    1) I had pre-eclampsia towards the end last time, so will be extra vigilant

2) DS1 was 10lbs 6oz, and *just* squeezed out (with a ventous pulling him and 3 small tears!)

3) I was very depressed during&after, so will be extra vigilant, very thankful I feel fantastic atm [​IMG]

6. MyrtleWarbler

10lbs 6oz!!.... Wow! I am impressed! I ended up with a c/s and my daughter was only 6lbs 9oz. I'd love a VBAC but probably won't be a good candidate. We'll see. Gonna do all the tips and tricks, including a new Chiro reflexology lady, to help with good baby position. Then see how it develops. If I can get the doc on board to let me try.

Holy cow I am sooooo exhausted!! 8 pm and I am pooped as if it's midnight! And my boobs! Definitely bigger and tender. Hurts when I carry my daughter and she squeezes me. The weird thing is that I have lost about 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Not trying at all. And not because I am nauseous. My appetite has dropped a little, I think due to my cold. But I figure my metabolism is up as well. I fit into some jeans last night I haven't worn comfortably for months!! And of course there are these great boobs. LOL! I'm going to enjoy this sexy look as long as it lasts. Because it won't last!

7. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

I have been eating like there is no tomorrow, but have lost a couple of pounds, so either metabolism has sped up, calorie usage has increased or I am running about more... I am starting to be more aware of what I am eating though, swapping similar items for things that are more nutritious.. I am not one for dieting anyway. I am trying to keep my levels of iron, folic acid and vitamin D in my diet up, as well as taking supplements, so sweetcorn and beef for me! lol. I am shattered too, been going to sleep at about 8-9pm, and this morning (the only day I get to stay in bed after 6am) I got up at 8.30, that's about 12hrs! whoops...

I want either a waterbirth at home, with gas&air, aromatherapy, breathing, hypnosis and calm music as pain releif options... Or an elective c-section if I get really ill again. I was so ill last time, I was not well enough to be induced, and they knew baby was huge, I don't wish to give birth in hospital because I now that I will go right back to my first birth and feel immensely uncomfortable, tbh the only place in the world I feel comfortable enough to be relaxed is home anyway. I think if I am well enough giving birth at home would be a much better option.. as long as my partner is supportive and I can convince the midwife!

You had any cravings yet? I really fancied tofu the other day... But that has been it so far, and it wasn't an "I must eat tofu or people are gunna die" craving, just a kind of 'hmm that sounds nice'.

I am trying to work out the best way to co-sleep too, I intend to breastfeed exclusively, so it makes sense to have baby either in or next to the bed, and since my son didn't fit in his Moses basket, I don't see the point in getting one of those again... So either a cot or crib that attaches to the bed, a single bed wedges between our bed&the wall (has the advantage of saving us money when they are old enough to have their own bed too) or just sleeping in our bed with them, and telling the health visitor/MW that they sleep in the cot.

My boobs are horrible! They are from a DD to an E already, barely fitting in my E cup sports bras (which are a godsend for sore boobs as they are totally supportive) and I think I either gotten larger around the chest or cannot move my arms quite so freely, so I can't do them up properly! Driving me nuts already! I am searching for spacious nursing bras as I type, because I am not going to last much longer in 'normal' ones at this rate!

Also getting every cheap white/cream/peach/beige sleepsuit & vest I see in sizes 0-3 and 3-6 especially.. My friend who is away at uni has gone shopping loads already! I feel bad though, I feel I ought to wait til at least the first scan.. But I know loads of people having babies, so they would be used if the worst happened.

Finally nappies, I need to convince my other half that it is worth scrapping poo down the loo to save £5 a week, and pay out about £60 for one-size-fits-all reusables... Not looking forward to that!

Have you thought of names yet?
    So far:
    Xavier
    Sebastian
    Reuben
    Kai
    Austin
    Zack
    Oscar
    Cairo
    Casey
    Parker
    Stephen
    or
    Aria
    Indigo
    Amber
    Eloise
    Kira
    Erin
    Layla
    Esmé
    Rose
    Natasha
    Cherry

Sorry for the long post! [​IMG]

8. Bobeba

Bobeba New Member

I am supposeduly due Oct. 13. I found out 20 dpo. My first pregnancy was ectopic and my 2nd was a lovely boy. I am hopefull that this is a viable pregnancy also. Have the flu now with bad body aches but slowly getting over it.

Congrats to you all.

9. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Congrats Bobeba. Happy and healthy 9 months!!

10. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

congrats Bobeba! [​IMG]

Things are a bit calmer here [​IMG] only got to tell my parents and son which isn't happening til after the 1st scan, around 9-10 weeks) so feeling chilled, everybody has been really positive [​IMG]

11. MyrtleWarbler

Congrats Bobeba! Will you have an early scan to confirm its in your uterus, given your history?

Weirdartist... Wow, so many name ideas! I have some middle name ideas because I like to use a family name in the middle (even if I'm otherwise lukewarm on the name). But no first name ideas at all! If it's a girl it will be so hard, Allison was really the only girl name we settled on for her. My cousin kept the gender a secret with both her kids and really loved the surprise. She is trying hard to convince me to do the same but I don't think I can do it!

I had an u/s on Wednesday, and this one was much more interesting than the first! Measuring right on schedule (6 weeks) and heartbeat of 107 bpm, which is great for an early heartbeat. Very relieving, the chances of loss go way down now. I have another u/s next Friday!

Still no symptoms at all and my cold is just about gone. But, I have already popped a little! I can't believe it! My weight is what it was before Allie, but obviously my abs aren't as strong anymore. The little pop I have now is firm, not just bloat. Only 6 weeks. Wtf!? With Allie I didn't show at all for months! [​IMG]

12. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

That's wonderful MW! Always nice to cross that first hurdle with the heartbeat! One of my friends miscarried back in september after seeing a HB, I felt so bad for her. She's now 13 weeks along with a healthy pregnancy!

You show sooner with second pregnancies. Its probably bloat, not the uterus yet. But makes it hard to hide, huh??

13. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

aww thats great [​IMG] I finally got around to seeing the doctor, and booking in with the midwives (have to wait for a phone call probably monday to get an appointment) I have a chest infection (yay!!) but otherwise feel fantastic, my belly has definitely gotten bigger, but its bloat, not bumpage. I know what you mean, I had a concave stomach until I was about 15-20 weeks along last time, then suddenly got a little bump! Think its the stretched skin (I have huge stretch marks already) and slightly softer muscles, so both bloat and bump show up sooner/more obviously.

My other half reduced the name list down to Aria or Kira, or Toby, Joel, Jason... We really can't agree on boys names, I want something cute&unusual, he wants something a little more matcho and 'normal'... I kinda hope its a girl just because I think it would be easier to name her!!!

I no longer fit in my jeans or my bras [​IMG] gunna have to go cheap-clothes shopping. I did pick up some maternity shorts for cheap in a sale though [​IMG] can't wait to wear them in the summer! Being quite large anyway, I'm hoping if I can loose some fat, I can stay in my clothes for longer... Which only works if I keep sticking to healthy options and keep up excersising (which I can't do without breaking in to a coughing fit at the moment D: )

Glad to hear it is all going well MW and good luck with your 1st scan when it comes along B [​IMG]

14. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

Just had my first round of morning sickness [​IMG] seems a bit worse than last time, but I guess I'll see how it goes and just keep swimming [​IMG]

15. MyrtleWarbler

Still no m/s for me this time. Didn't have any last time either! But SO exhausted. That's why I am MIA... Can't post at work, evenings hectic, then I just crash!

I'm impressed with your name progress. We haven't talked about it at all yet. May not till we know the gender. Cuts the job in half! [​IMG]

16. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

lol I am secretly hoping OH can't make it to the scan, and I can say 'it had its legs crossed' or summat lol. I want a surprise!

17. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

seriously tired too. Been switched to a class at work where I just sit down most of the day, and I am sitting, walking home and getting dinner, eating and going to bed as soon as DS has fallen asleep! Not getting up til 7.30 either, because OH (bless him) switched work hours so I can sleep in an hour <3

18. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

I was contemplating doing that WA. I have a scan on Wednesday where they may be able to tell and he's out of town on business so I can easily say they couldn't tell for whatever reason if they are able to tell me. Ma anatomy scan is three weeks later though and he will be there.

19. MyrtleWarbler

I always swore I wanted the surprise. Then, I surprised myself by changing my mind! Now finding out just feels like a matter of logistics. Like, do I list the pink and flowery cloth diapers for sale, or keep them? Lol! That sort of thing.

20. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

see with my DS I wanted to know and when I found out it felt so pointless knowing, like it was a let down knowing he was a he without being able to hold him... IDK.

Been told the MW wants me to do a GTT because DS1 was 10lbs 6oz, which is 'huge'. We are both tall, and OH is broad, so I think it is the MW ticking boxes. I don't want to do it. Might refuse.