Due July, August, September 2012

Discussion in 'Who's Due When...' started by BunnyGirl19, Dec 6, 2011.

  1. *mel*

    *mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

    Waiting to hear your happy news Mrs G, I keep coming back to see if your baby is here yet!

  2. Confused-Hasya

    Confused-Hasya Active Member

    Good luck! I was getting impatient reading your posts, not because I didn't want to read them but because I wasn't able to endure the suspense. Will she wait or won't she? Hmmm... Looks like she's waited.

    Now, for your good news. Fingers tapping. Hope you've already had your healthy baby normally and are doing well yourself. Also that your husband got to erm, enjoy the birth of his daughter?

  3. Mrs.G

    Mrs.G New Member

    Hello everyone! [​IMG]

    Birth story: Husband made it home safely, thank goodness. Didn't get home until 630am, we were scheduled for induction at 6am. Hospital called and said they had an emergency and they would call when we could come in. 1200(noon) came around and we headed into the hospital.

    Arrived at 1230, got settled in and situated I was checked and was at a 1 and 50%. Doctor inserted the Cervidil at 130pm to start my induction. That had to stay in for 12 hours. Contractions were becoming more pronounced but wasn't too bad. 145am it was removed and I was checked again, still 1cm and only 70%. (Was hoping for more progress than that). Doctor wanted to give me a few hours to rest and see if my body would kick into gear itself, didn't quite happen. They started pit at 630am and that really got contractions going, they were definitely building and becoming more intense. My water broke at 915am. Doctor checked me at 1030 and I was 2.5cm! They started pushing fluids pretty hard at 11am because I was really feeling off. Contractions were getting more and more intense!

    I wanted to wait a good amount of time before getting the epidural, atleast make it to a 5 was my goal. I got the epidural at 4cm because the contractions were one on top of the other and extremely painful. I was tensing up with each one and the doctor said it was hindering my ability to progress because of that...so getting the epidural, he said should help to relax me and move things along.

    Dr. came in to do the epidural it wasn't as painful as I thought it was going to be. Most difficult part was trying to hold still during contractions which were nonstop at that point. Got the epidural in and it took well to the right side, left it did nothing but make my pinky toe tingly. They said to give it a bit laying on my left side and see if that helped. It did a little bit but I could still move my leg and had feeling. The nurse upped the meds hoping it would help, no suck luck. Another Dr. came in and added something to it hoping it would help, not so much just made me extremely itchy...(that was worse than some contractions I had..lol). Epidural did ease up and make the contractions tolerable.....

    Moving forward, I took a 2 hour nap and progressed from 2.5 to 5 pretty quick and then the next thing I know I can feel both my legs(right leg was a lil numb still), contractions are kicking my butt and I felt like I had to poop. Dr came in checked me and said I was 10 100% baby was right there. He said for me to wait another 30 minutes for her to finish dropping until the point I felt like I had to push. I already felt like that before he said to wait....I waited about 10 minutes and said, "We gotta do this now she is coming". I pushed for 14 minutes 9 bearing down hardcore pushes and baby girl was here! Born at 555pm weighing 6lbs14oz (her U/S monday had said 6#13oz, pretty accurate) 19.5 inches with scores of 8 and 9. She had some color issues at first...but no problems no.

    Daddy was not able to cut the cord initially because there was a pretty bad true knot and the doctor wanted to get it cut asap. But he did get to do the second cut/trimming whatever it is called, so he was excited! The doctor did have to cut me because my pelvis was really narrow and he believed without doing so I would have tore extremely bad. Stitches are a bit painful, pulled some muslces in my back....but all in all I'm doing well.

    Baby girls name is Ariannah Belle and she is super duper precious! Daddy is wrapped right around her little finger already. He is in love with her and viceversa, it is sooo cute! He has even changed more diapers than me, so I'm enjoying it...hehe. Trying to rest up the best I can. I'm on some pain killers because of my stitches and muscle spasms and such. We could have been released this evening but my doctor suggested we stay because of the pain meds I am on and they want to monitor me a bit more, but baby is perfect and all set! [​IMG]

    They weighed her this morning and she was 6lbs12.9oz so she didn't lose very much, good good! She eats like a champ, my nipples HURT. Any suggestions?

    Now, for a picture....let me try to figure this out! lol


    Try just clicking that link! [​IMG]

  4. Mrs.G

    Mrs.G New Member

    Note: I look like crap, my husband needs a hair cut....that's my AMAZING doctor and beautiful baby Ariannah!

  5. labby06

    labby06 Active Member

    Congrats, Mrs. G! You look amazing for just having gone through all that and your hubby looks like one proud daddy of one beautiful baby!

    Your nipples will probably be sore for about 2 weeks until they "toughen" up. In the meantime you will want to get some lanolin to put on them. Just ask a nurse, they should be able to get you some samples I would think. You can also use some expressed milk to rub around on them to keep them from cracking and it also helps with the pain a bit.

    Congrats again and enjoy your baby girl!

  6. MyrtleWarbler

    MyrtleWarbler Super Moderator Staff Member

    Great story, beautiful baby, love the name! Congrats!!

  7. iampam

    iampam Active Member

    Congratulations Mrs G! Good luck with the mad rush of paperwork that you have coming with her passport and such.

  8. nessa26

    nessa26 New Member

    Congrats Mrs G! She's beautiful! Sounds like everything went smoothly. Oh, and you don't look anything near like crap, you look great! Enjoy that baby!

  9. HWG#2

    HWG#2 New Member

    Congrats Mrs. G!!! Great story!! Hope you are enjoying time with your sweet girl!

  10. *mel*

    *mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

    Huge congrats Mrs G!!! Lovely birth story and you look amazing in your pictures to say you had just given birth [​IMG] Your daughter is adorable!!!

  11. TDG

    TDG New Member

    Congrats MrsG! Shes adorable! I highly recommend lanolin for the nips. Also having a lactation counseler see how you are doing things may help. The sooner you get the latch perfect the less pain there will be. Im so glad dh made it and you didnt end up with a c section--considering youll be on your own again soon! Awesome birth story!

  12. Confused-Hasya

    Confused-Hasya Active Member

    Congratulations, Mrs. G. Good luck with the processing of passport and such!

    If you don't like lanolin (I didn't), try coconut oil; I've never heard of anyone with an allergy to it.

  13. Mrs.G

    Mrs.G New Member

    Thank you so much everyone. She is perfect and such a little daddys girl....she has him just wrapped around her finger already. I'm so thankful all worked out well. The stitches/cut is killing me...I think I'm gonna head into the ER this afternoon and get it checked out because something just doesn't feel right. My discharge paperwork says if you start noticing x,y,z come right in so that's on my agenda for today.

    I'm thinking that maybe it is the way she is latching. I'm going to go and meet with a lactation consultant on Monday (hopefully) to better figure out a way, get some pointers and such. 'm hoping it gets a little less painful. Her pedi. says she has a great suck and the nurses said a good latch, but I feel like something isn't right....then again I'm clueless! [​IMG]

    Passport process starts Thursday, so hopefully all works out well. We were supposed to get her birthcertificate Friday but we fell asleep at the hospital and hubby forgot. lol So Monday we will have it!

  14. iampam

    iampam Active Member

    Mrs G, in my state, you have to fill out paperwork to get a certified birth certificate from the government. The hospital doesn't give a "real" birth certificate like you need for the passport. Be sure to look into the laws in your area right away.

    In Oregon, where Eddie was born, I think it all went through a central office in Portland, it wasn't something I could pick up.

  15. iampam

    iampam Active Member

    Oh also, have the nurses check her carefully for a tongue tie. It's normal for nursing to hurt at first, but a tongue tie can give long term problems. I'm convinced Eddie had a posterior tongue tie. My boobs would get sore every few weeks up until the point he weaned at 15 months and I don't think that's normal! He always struggled to gain adequate weight when EBF

  16. labby06

    labby06 Active Member

    Same in PA for the birth certificate. It took about 2 weeks to get them for both girls, along with their SS cards. All we got from the hospital was a certificate of live birth, but that does not serve as an "official" birth certificate. The official one comes from the office of vital statistics with the Department of Health and Human Services here. I'm not sure how it works where you are, but hopefully it all works out!

    My biggest advice for the BF'ing thing is to just relax. I think sometimes it's easy to get too wrapped up in something not being right when in reality it's perfectly fine, especially when it's the first time around. Babies have an uncanny ability to pick up on stress, so the more stressed you get about it the harder it will be. Definitely seek the advice of lactation consultants to be sure of proper latch, but don't give up because it hurts. It WILL get better. Before you know it the pain you feel now will be a distant memory and then you will be dealing with a new pain...biting!

  17. BunnyGirl19

    BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

    I got Brighton's birth certificate yesterday. In Oregon, at least for the county he was born in, the order form says it's available 10 days after birth from the Vital Statistics office.

  18. Mrs.G

    Mrs.G New Member

    The hospital fills out the vital records and then takes it to the county clerk office where we have to pick it up. The hospital does all the work and the country clerk just provides them with a number. We had them do it all the day after she was born. Typically the hospital takes them over every 2 weeks for whatever babies were born during that time period. Which is why it takes 10-14 days....we just asked them to do it righta way and they did.

    I had to go back to the hospital today because I was having some issues with my stitches and such. I got checked over and learned that I had the stitches where the doctor did a cut and I also tore in another spot so I had stitches there. No one told us this...so that was a shock to hear. Also, the nurses after delivery never checked me over like they were supposed to, didnt send me home with the items they were supposed to. I had great nurses from the time I went in until the monring shift came on at 730 after she was born. Wish I would have had the same people as induction and delivery because they were great. I'm all squared away with the supplies now and will be speaking with the big boss of OB tomorrow.

    As for breastfeeding, the nurse helped me out. The problem was she wasn't taking enough into her mouth. I've gotta master it...for now I'm pumping and giving her a bottle because my breasts hurt way to bad, I need them to heal up some before I can be able to tolerate attaching removing her and reattaching...so hopefully just a few days. I hope she goes back to the breast after she has had bottles, if not I'll just pump and bottle....either way, she is getting what she needs.

    Appointment tomorrow for her....she only lost 4oz of her birth weight, which they said was really good. yay! Just wanted to update since she is sleeping at the moment...I should be too! lol

  19. BunnyGirl19

    BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

    I haven't had issues with either RJ or Brighton having issues going between bottle and breast. I was told by LLL that there is no such thing as nipple confusion, just preference. My only concern with stopping nursing to pump would be it affecting your supply establishing. I'm convinced this is my issue since a pump is not as effective as a baby at draining it all. At this time I still don't have full supply for Brighton despite best efforts. He nurses fully 3 times a day, 20 minutes per side (40 minutes total) and the other 4 feedings are supplemented. Otherwise I have a screaming hungry baby. But, at least he's getting some breast milk from me and that's all that really matters. Hopefully my meager supply will last past 8 weeks this time. [​IMG]

  20. nessa26

    nessa26 New Member

    BG-Ever thought of going back on Reglan, or even supply boosting teas? I drink the tea twice a day, due to the drop in my supply during the days Im at work. THey are super disgusting though. Gotta add a lot of honey!!

    Sorry to hear about your stitches Mrs. G. Sounds like the doc gave you an episiotomy, and didn't tell you? What issues were you having with the stitches? Were they coming out?

    I would recommend the Medela lanolin nipple cream. It's very thin, and spreads on sore nips well. I don't recommend the Lansinoh. Its very thick. I had horribly sore and cracked nipples with my first daughter, almost to the point of wanting to quit nursing, but it got better. Hang in there!


Share This Page