Due in September, October, November, December 2011

Discussion in 'Who's Due When...' started by BethnConnor, Jan 22, 2011.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. Jo2011

Jo2011 New Member

Hi all,
    I am looking forward to the discussion in this forum!! I had followed and contributed to another forum as I miscarried due to an ectopic pregnancy earlier this year and was administered methotrexate but have just returned today from my 12 week appointment and was able to see our baby bouncing around inside! This was actually the 3rd ultrasound for us but nice to get past the 12 week hump! I am due November 23 so congratulations to all the other moms to be as well!

For me, my nausea has eased off but I am still craving fruit like mad and am generally off meat. 1/2 a granola bar or a nutrigrain bar seemed to help me but I found that if I grazed rather than having meals, I was much better...oh and not to eat late at night...the only time I threw up was actually after a heavy dinner not before when I was hungry. Best of luck to those still feeling icky. [​IMG]

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. labby06

labby06 Active Member

Congrats Jo2011 and welcome to the forum! I also suffered an ectopic pregnancy in 2008 and had methotrexate and it was the worst experience of my life! Getting pregnant with our little girl after that experience was very scary and I had loads of tests and ultrasounds, and she turned out to be one very healthy (and energetic) little girl!

My nausea still comes and goes but overall isn't bad. I have been craving garlic like crazy. I haven't actually thrown up yet with this pregnancy (except for the night I found out because I was in such shock, lol!) so I'm hoping it stays that way. With my daughter I was really getting sick by now and unable to keep much of anything down. I think I was about 9 weeks with her when I went to the dr for it and was almost hospitalized because of how dehydrated I was. Even water was making me gag! So I'm hopeful that it won't be as bad with this one!

I'm trying to enjoy certain foods while I can because I'm betting that they will send me for the glucose test at my appt on Friday. I'm praying that the GD stays away this time, but unfortunately the odds are not in my favor. [​IMG]

3. Jo2011

Jo2011 New Member

Congrats labby06!! A GD test at 8 weeks? Isn't that really early? I am not getting mine until 28 weeks but I guess if you'd had it before, like everything else, they test earlier.

Funny - I have massive garlic cravings early on and then one day I couldn't stand the smell. I'm finding that in speaking with other women who have been pregnant the nausea thing is really negative depending on whether people have a really difficult time with throwing up in general. That said - not keeping water down is very bad. Hopefully you will sail through the next few weeks without ever visiting the toilet bowl in that way.

Another question for those on this forum- doesn't anyone else have fibroids? They are keeping an eye on one that I've had for years. 9cm and growing right now...yep...that's bigger than the baby *sigh*

4. labby06

labby06 Active Member

Thanks Jo2011! With my daughter they tested me for GD at 8 weeks because of my family history. My dad is diabetic, both of his parents were, my mom's mom is, her mom was. It's all around me! Plus a was a little overweight at the time because I had gone into a depression after my ectopic and would only eat, sleep and cry and put on about 30 pounds! I just barely failed the 1 hour at that time, and then they sent me for the 3 hour (which was torture with my nausea!) and I failed 2 of the 3 hours by 2 points! I was put on a very strict diet and actually ended up losing weight and weighed 4lbs less at the end of my pregnancy than I did at the beginning! By the end of the pregnancy I didn't even really have to follow the diet anymore because my sugars stabilized, I think probably from the weight loss.

I had been working really hard to lose weight before getting pregnant again and lost about 20 pounds prior to finding out I was pregnant this time around. I was only 4 pounds away from my goal, so I was a bit bummed I didn't reach it, but I am still happy with where I'm at. Overall I am 30lbs less now than I was when I got pregnant with my daughter, so I'm hoping that helps to keep the GD at by, although the odds are not in my favor. So I'm trying to enjoy things now since I may not be able to come next week [​IMG]

I never had an issue with fibroids, but when I had my ultrasound a few weeks ago the tech pointed one out. I know they are fairly normal, and she didn't seem concerned about it at all and didn't really say much about it only that it was there. I guess I'll find out next week when I see a doctor if it will be an issue or not.

5. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

so we got a smidge of crummy news this past Monday. I have a marginal placenta previa- anterior. It's about 1.7 CM from the OS.

[​IMG] The reason I'm actually really miffed is because the Ultrasound tech made it seem like everything was OK. My midwife says the ultrasound tech isn't actually allowed to say if she thinks anything is wrong, a doctor has to look at it first. I understand this, but she could have at least said "I'm not allowed to make judgments on the health or safety of your pregnancy". That way I would leave with the same "hope everything is OK" feeling I arrived with, not "GLAD EVERYTHING IS OK!!!" to have my midwife tell me two weeks later that we have a marginal previa!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

All that said, I know that 90% or so of them move, so I am hopeful [​IMG] we will be so fortunate. Otherwise it may be a cesarean for me, instaed of a home birth. [​IMG]

6. labby06

labby06 Active Member

Sorry about the bad news, Whit! But look at it this way, if you have to get bad news I would rather have it be something like that than something that is wrong with the baby. So your birth may not go according to plan and you may need a cesarean. That's a minor inconvenience for a healthy baby! Hopefully it will move for you though and become a non-issue!

Not much new here. I had the GD test last week and PASSED! Woohoo! Also had another ultrasound and things are still looking great. We go on the 22 for the sequential screening where they look for neural tube defects and test for the chromosomal disorders, so hopefully all will turn out well there!

7. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

I'm so glad you passed the GD test Labby! and that your US's are going good.

True about the kind of bad news, especially considering its likely it will correct itself. I just hope very much that how and where ever, a vaginal birth is still possible, as It's one of my most important factors to get to have that immediate bonding time, an opportunity to start nursing ASAP, and the quicker recovery. Fingers crossed!!!

Good luck Labby on the sequential screening!!!

8. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

so ladies, any updates? Everything going as smoothly as I hope for ya'll? I can't believe how quickly the time is flying by!

9. BethnConnor

BethnConnor New Member

Hey Whit, sorry about the marginal previa, but it could still move, mine did! I am feeling well, just a bit uncomfortable my baby boy is really low and I have alot of pressure and back pain ugh! I am also measuring 3 weeks ahead so I have a sonogram set up for July 6th my supposedly 28 week appt to see how big the little boy is [​IMG] Oh great, have this feeling I am going to have a bigger baby boy this time. My son Connor was only 7lb9oz and that was perfect....so we shall see. Would love if they were off on my due date and I am due sooner [​IMG] Other than that things are well.

[​IMG]

10. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

Hey Beth! wow! 3 Weeks?!?! hopefully they are just off on your due date. Are you feeling all those wonderful movements now though?!?! I sure am! It's THE MOST AMAZING feeling! kind of alien, but just soo refreshing and delightful! I am sorry you are experiencing discomfort. The other great thing about your due date being earlier would be a shorter time you are going to continue being pregnant and so therefore uncomfortable!!! woo hoo! Thats like a gift in itself!

11. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Hi girls, just chiming in to say hello. Hope all's well with everyone. Labby, yoohoo on the u/s and the GD test!

12. HWG#2

HWG#2 New Member

Hi Ladies,

Just got my PFP Wednesday and looks like we are due February 23rd. Since there is not yet a thread for Jan/Feb due dates, would you mind if I moonlight here for now?

Been MIA from the board for a few mos (uber-busy at work) so just catching up: Labby-CONGRATS!! That sure happened quick for you guys (if I remember correctly).

Whit-sorry about the previa-fingers crossed that it corrects itself and you get the birth you are hoping for! Gotta agree with Labby, though: in the end, birth plans rarely go as planned and healthy mama and baby are most important-still, I totally understand the fear, I was terrified of a C the first go around and very much understand the desire and importance of natural.

Not much happening by way of symptoms here. I really can't remember when symptoms started with DS, but don't think it was this early. I'm tired, but I have been pulling 50-60 hour work weeks these days so I blame it on that. Funny though that I have already started feeling the pinching/pulling in my lower right (and sometimes left) sides. I know they call it round ligament pain and say it doesn't start until way later, but it started around this time with DS, too! Crazy...overall, I don't love the wait between BFP to the 8wk U/S, but I am making a pact with myself to be less nervous this go around...we'll see how that goes :)

13. labby06

labby06 Active Member

Hi HWG and CONGRATS!!! Things happened a little ahead of schedule for us, so it was quite the surprise, but a good one. Sorry about the crazy work schedule, that's nuts! I have a hard enough time keeping up with things with my 40hr/wk job!

I had ultrasounds right away because of my history of ectopic, so I guess I'm lucky in that respect that we get to check things out right away, but not lucky in the reason why. We go on Wednesday for our sequential screening, so I'm looking forward to that but nervous as well.

I've been having a lot of twinging/pinching/pulling in my lower abdomen as well that sometimes worries me, but everything has been checking out ok so far so I guess it's just the growing. I don't really recall when I felt those things with Olivia, but maybe it was this early.

I swear sometimes I feel movement, but then I think I'm just completely crazy and that it's just gas bubbles or something. I know it's still way too early to feel any of that. The nausea is starting to let up a bit, but I still find myself gagging every now and then if I get a whiff of the wrong thing. And between work and running after a toddler I'm always tired!

14. HWG#2

HWG#2 New Member

Labby-i hear you on the movement thing. Since having James, seems like there have been several times over the last two years that it feels just like a wiggly little baby in there. Stupid gas bubbles...don't know why they have to feel so much like a baby :) Seriously, though, they say 2nd time around you feel it earlier...I think it was about 18 weeks with James, so maybe you will be feeling it soon!! Can't wait for movement (yes, long time to go still)...that was my absolute favorite part of being PG with DS.

Good luck with your screening on Wednesday! Fingers crossed that everything looks perfect! What is your EDD, anyways? Sorry-just catching up :)

15. labby06

labby06 Active Member

It's December 30th, so not quite the spring baby we were originally planning for, lol!

16. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

HEY LADIES!!! CONGRATS HWG! You have certainly found out very early (as I did) and yes, that does leave for a little nervousness before that initial U/S. I even had a twinge of bleeding at 6 weeks, and about flipped! It will be here before you know it, and ABSOLUTELY, WELCOME TO THE THREAD! the more the merrier. It had gotten pretty quiet in here.
    Speaking of movement, I think I'm creating a Kung Fu master in here! It's getting to where I can feel the wee thing on all sides . . . even my rectum . . . lol
    that's always a little surprising, and sometimes unpleasant.
    We are nearing the 30 week U/S we will be having to show that our placenta has moved. I'm so excited to see our little bit again! and I hope we get good news!!

17. labby06

labby06 Active Member

Good luck with the u/s, whit! Our sequential screening was supposed to be tomorrow but I had to reschedule since we are leaving to go out of town tonight for DH's grandmother's funeral. So all that excitement/nervousness now has to wait another week! I now go next Tuesday. I was so glad they could get me in though because making those appointments is pure hell. You have to go to Maternal Fetal Medicine at the hospital for it, and they deal with high risk pregnancies from all over the area, not just one doctor's office, so you have to schedule the appointments WAY in advance. Basically as soon as they confirm your due date they make you schedule, and even then it was hard getting an appointment. The 30th is the last day of the "window" that they can even do the screening, so I'm going on the 28th. At least the lady was really nice about it and understood why I had to reschedule.

I still have days where I feel like the nausea is letting up, and then days like last night where it was pretty bad. I think it was between 14 and 16 weeks with the last one when it finally subsided, so hopefully it will go away soon. At least I'm not constantly throwing up this time and haven't needed any medication for it.

18. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

wow! that is great that they so easily re-scheduled you, especially considering what a process it sounds like. Glad they were understanding, but sorry to hear about your DH's loss. Bummer your anticipation has to wait too, what a lesson in patience! I'm glad you are at least having some days where the nausea is seeming to subside. hopefully it will completely subside soon.

I'm feeling uber tired again lately, and I am hopeful that anemia isn't creeping up on me. I've been taking my iron supplements regularly as directed, and I have a suspicion it is from my absolute inability to get to bed at a decent hour. I've also been a bit stressed at work, and unfortunately in May I took on a project though my gut feeling told me I should not. I knew I was not going to want to put in the effort required to complete this project, though I hired an apprentice to assist me, and so the job is certainly easier, and less of a commitment, but I am still kicking myself for commiting to it at all. ALL I WANT TO DO IS BE AT HOME NESTING!!! I want to just think about my baby! and play with all our new stuff! and rearrange and decorate!

poor me right??? lol.

19. HWG#2

HWG#2 New Member

Whit-Totally hear ya! I find it SOO difficult to focus on anything non-baby related during pregnancy! Especially the first time around when you are getting all kinds of fun stuff and planning the nursery!

Walked through the new Buy, Buy, Baby in my town yesterday. I've always been a fan of Bed, Bath and Beyond, so I was impressed with the layout of the store. Plus, I HATE BRU. I really like that they do the 20% coupons like B,B & B, so that should help with the expense of the few things I will need to pick up this time around.

Work has been super busy for me too, but I try to be much more diligent about knowing my limits (usually non-existent). I know the effect stress can have on a pregnant body (learned it the hard way w/ pre-term labor the first time) so finding balance and taking deep breaths, walking away for a break when necessary is really important.

Labby-sorry about DH's grandma. And really sorry about postponing your apt!! After all that excitement, I would be bummed, too! Hang in there, it'll be here before you know it (especially once you are distracted with travel). BTW-giggled at your wish for spring baby-too bad we can't trade EDD's-I so badly wanted a December baby!!! Still, pretty happy w/ Feb-I am the 17th so should be cool to have a kid close to my b-day!

20. HWG#2

HWG#2 New Member

Quiet in here, ladies. What's going on with everyone these days?