Due in October/ November/December 2010

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by Love0322, Mar 16, 2010.

1. TDG

TDG New Member

nikki--maybe you have a frontal placenta? That cause you to not feel much.

mel--IDK, Ive never heard of it being on one side. Brendyn used to stick his butt out one side-causeing a very hard lump on one side.. maybe thats what your feeling. I had BH thru my entire first pregnancy, and had none at all with my second.

Ive felt my baby movin a ton, but havent felt a thing in over a week. Im bummed- it must have changed positions. My appt is next week..that means only one more month til the big u/s! yay!

2. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Mel, could be that the baby is stretching his foot out, or a body part out on one side. That's the only thing I can think of.

Nikki, probably placental position. That is usually to blame for the length of time needed to feel the baby move.

Looking good ladies. You all are baking some good babies!!

3. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

No it's definately not the baby. I thought that the first time I felt it but since then every single time it has happened it has always been the exact same spot on my uterus! Found this on a google search

Braxton Hicks contractions are felt as a tightening cramps on the abdomen. The abdominal wall could become like rock solid for a few seconds and then relaxes. When felt with the hand, the hardness could be localized to a part of the uterus. After a few seconds to minutes, the contraction is followed by relaxation
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

4. *mel*

Nikki I meant to say before that it has only been the last few days that the movement I have been able to feel has increased. I do have a frontal placenta and they told me at my last scan it will effect how much movement I feel but in the next few weeks it will increase. At first the only time I felt anything was in the evening while I was relaxing and lieing down. That started at I believe nearly 19 weeks. Are you 100% sure you are as far along as you think?

5. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Ah OK Mel. I didn't know it could be localized. Like I said I didn't even start feeling BH until around 32 weeks, and I really had to lie still and concentrate on them, and it would be my entire belly. Towards the end in the last couple of weeks, I noticed it lower down like my bladder/pubic bone area. It felt like I had a blood pressure cuff wrapped around my lower back and lower abdomen and it was being inflated. Uncomfortable, but not painful. Its kinda nice to get used to that feeling now, since when you get real labor contractions, you should be able to notice the difference! But I have heard of BH being extremely painful, so that may not always be true! LOL!

6. *mel*

Yeah, I looked into it further this morning, after I posted. It seems it can be quite common. Some women can get them where the whole uterus tightens through their first pregnancy, and then just have one sided BH during a following pregnancy! At the moment they are not painfull at all but from what I understand they will usually get stronger the further along you get.

7. Jennifer21

Jennifer21 New Member

O mel, I would have brought up that mine is only on one side as well but I didn't see that was a concern of yours.. I thought it was normal hehe... My belly only gets hard on the right side, nothing really happens on the left

8. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Hey girls!
    I know I'm butting in a bit, but I stumbled across this link the other day, and since I know some of you are using Dopplers to have a listen to your babes I just wanted to give a heads up.
    I don't know how much to put in to it, but it might be valuable information to consider at least. [​IMG]
    http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm095508.htm

I hope all of you are doing well and that your itty bittys are growing and thriving! I'm cursing the heat like a crazywoman, soo jealous that you'll be ending your pregnancies in cooler weather. The grass is always greener, right? lol

9. *mel*

Thanks for the info Kawaii. Feel free to butt in whenever you want [​IMG] lol. I have actually come accross this info before, I read somewhere that dopplers were not advised in some countries which was what made me look into it a little more as I had never heard it before. I came to the conclusion that the peace of mind it gave me outweighed any very slight risks. At first I was using the doppler on a nearly daily basis but only for a few minutes at a time. The last few weeks I have hardly used it at all, I think it was just once last week and not at all this week, probably because I am feeling more movement now so don't feel the need for constant reasurance!

10. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Yup, it's all about making informed decisions, weighing the pros and cons. [​IMG]
    Movement is definitely peace of mind, I stopped worrying so much when I started feeling consistent movement. Except in week 28 where he was a lazy boy which scared me a bit.
    Soon you'll feel crazy movement though! And see squirms and bodyparts fly across your belly, and there's the hiccups. All very sci-fi. [​IMG]
    Punching my cervix and kicking my side gets less cute and more uncomfortable every day though. lol

On the subject of BHs. I started having them around week 16. I can also get them only on the left side now and then. I don't know why, but they are definitely BHs. Getting them more and more lately, hopefully it's a sign that things are getting ready for the big show. [​IMG]

11. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

Wow, I can't believe you guys are having BH! I haven't had any (that I know of.) I thought I was having one the other night because I was feeling mild menstrual like cramps in my lower abdomen on and off for about an hour, but I think I was just constipated and gassy. Sorry if TMI!

TDG, my little guy keeps sticking his butt out on one side too - always the right side I get a hard lump that makes my belly look really lopsided in the most unnatural way! I think he's mooning me! Haha! [​IMG] I always rub it a lot when he does it - mostly because it's a little uncomfortable now that he's getting bigger - but I wonder if it's going to predispose him to being comforted by having his butt rubbed after he's born?

12. jasmineflower

jasmineflower New Member

I haven't felt any BH yet with this pregnancy. With my first I felt it towards the end (last month), but it was my whole belly tightening up. I didn't even notice it until the doctor doing my tummy check did! So, they were painless for me. I read early on in my pregnancy, as well as advice from friends, to drink LOTS of water 'cuase that actually prevents and/or lessens the pain of BH...and I did drink tons of water, so maybe that did the trick.

I'm definitly feeling more movements these days. It used to be primarily just in the evenings, but the past few days it's been throughout the day. I love this part 'cuase it really reassures you everyting is okay. 'Cause before movement I tend to, well, freak out, so lol

ohhh, yesterday i was lying down and I felt the baby actually TOTALLY shift himself! It was the coolest thing! And I looked at my belly and my belly button was all wierd, like he was pressing on it from the side or something! He shifted back after a few minutes...but that was so cool!

13. TDG

TDG New Member

OMG--I cant remember which but one of my kids used to kick me in the cervix. It was AWFUL. It always hurt so bad Id yell out and scare the crap out of everyone around me like I was goin into labor! lol. One time it happened while I was walking in walmart with one of my male friends...I had to stop walking for a bit and he was soooo freaked out I was worried hed scoop me up, throw me in his truck and force me to go to the hospital. lol.

Ali--Hopefully he moves before you get much closer to the end because it gets soooooo uncomfortable when they are really big and still want to be sideways. My belly used to look so lumpy and unnatural too. lol. Both my kids liked to be sideways..makes me wonder if it has something to do with the shape or my uterus or something.

I wish this babe would flip back around..I want to feel the kicks. They make everything better when you feel like crap.

I just found out one of our friends is due just a week after me! Im so excited for them. They have a 1 year old daughter, but their first baby was a still born and they badly want a big family.

14. Jennifer21

Jennifer21 New Member

aww TDG I know how you feel, I just sit around my office and at home waiting for them to kick.. I don't really feel them much so I am anxiously waiting for it to be more frequent!!
    Awww a still born [​IMG] I couldn't even imagine, I am glad they are blessed with another baby like they want!

15. TDG

TDG New Member

I used to think stillborns were so rare I didnt even worry about it, but in the last few years Ive known 3 people whove had them..all only a week or two before their duedate! It scares the crap out of me now!!!

16. Jennifer21

Jennifer21 New Member

yea, my best friends sister was pregnant with twins and then one died at 6 months and she had to deliver her with the surviving twin.. it is a really scary thing but I just keep hoping and praying for the best

17. TDG

TDG New Member

o my gosh! to have to keep carrying it knowing that..how awful.

18. *mel*

Urghhh it really does scare the crap out of me [​IMG] Just can't imagine it.

19. nikkiwants4

nikkiwants4 Member

Thanks ladies. You may be right Jennifer I am heavier than I was before. Going from 145 starting with Lee-Lee and now starting out at 189 I guess is a diffrence. Mel I am not to sure how far I am, but I know I am only off by a week or two according to my last period. I have been feeling some just not alot. If I lay down and rest for a few and put my hand on my belly I will feel the baby move.I can't wait to go to the doctors tomarrow so I can feel better because I know my doc will listen to the baby's heartbeat and you know that is always reassuring.

20. *mel*

I wouldn't worry at all if you are feeling some movement Nikki. Will you get an ultrasound tomorrow?