Due in October/November/December 2010 - *Part 2*

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by *mel*, Jul 21, 2010.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. Jennifer21

Jennifer21 New Member

Re: Due in October/November/December 2010 - *Part

OMG that is crazy!! I can barely eat now with just twins I can't even imagine hving that many multiples and then wanting to do it over and pver lol.
    I am surprised I have not peed myself at all lol, you would think I would be peeing all the time
    As for the splitting the love thing, I have been worried about that also with the twins... I get so nervous that I will love one more than the other, even though I know I won't.. I still have those worries

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. TDG

TDG New Member

jen--you probably would be peeing more if you we up n about!

This is off subject (and those of you on my fb already saw Im sure)..but someone logged onto my fb while I was logged on and send one of my friends a super nasty mean message from ME! Its really Fd up because it was like personal...so it didnt seem random but at the same time my fb said it was from UT???? I dont know anyone in UT! She sent me a nasty message back too and has yet to appoligize for what she said! She says she believes me but isnt acting like it. How Fd up is that?!! I didnt even know someone could do that and I have NO idea why they would! My head has been spinning since like 4 when this happened. SOOOOO not good for my already high blood pressure! FNUCK!! I am really upset!

3. jasmineflower

jasmineflower New Member

great news, Mel! And how exciting...he's gonna be tall [​IMG]!!!

TDG, that is wierd! I dint' know someone can log on when you are logged on!

4. Temptress Tally

Temptress Tally Super Moderator Staff Member

Ok I must admit when I read it quickly I thought she had between 1725 and 1765 kids. lolol
    I had to stop and read it again. 69 kids, imagine that! Insanity
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

5. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Wow TDG, how horrible! I hope you get to the bottom of it, what a violation of your privacy too! I woiuld be freaked out if someone could access my FB account! I didn't think it was even possible for 2 people to log into the same account at the same time, I thought it automatically logged you out if someone else logged in!

Well I have to say that me and BF are seriosly pissing each other off! Urghhh! I think with me being home all day now and him not having much work on so he's at home alot we are just getting on each others nerves. Last night I had managed to work it all up in my head to be much worse than it was (return of the wacky hormones? lol), but today I feel much calmer and I think we can both see what's happening. It's probably too because we are both just waiting for our lives to be turned upside down I guess, life as we know it is about to change forever!

Another thing that is starting to upset me and I just wanted some other opinions, BF is not looking forward to the birth at all, he keeps making comments and I am 100% sure that if he thought he could get away with not being there he would. I just feel like even if he is scared about actually seeing the birth (I don't blame him there, the thought still scares the crap out of me! lol) he should still WANT to be there to support me! Sometimes I feel like I am on the verge of telling him I would be better just giving birth on my own [​IMG]

6. TDG

TDG New Member

Im still sooo disturbed someone could do that. I SUSPECT I know who it is...but IDK why it says they were in UT?? Sooo...IDK. I just hope it doesnt happen again. Im not the kind of person who starts drama...I avoid it at all costs actually so having someone pretend to be me just to start drama is really Fing not funny.

mel--Maybe taking a child birth class isnt such a bad idea...to give him a better understanding of what his labor/birth job really is. And if hes still freaked out a doula is a wonderful idea. That way he can be there but you arent needing anything from him(its not like he has to actually watch the gory details of the baby coming out if he isnt ok with that). And if a c section is what it comes to his job is no more than to hold your hand and talk to you so you BOTH stay calm...not much work for him and again he doesnt have to see anything "scary."

My DF was excited to watch me give birth(altho hes a farm boy who has delievered many a cow or horse lol). It wasnt such a mystery to him, altho I dont care to be compared to a damn cow, he already understood how the process works. lol. He even stands up, while the Drs and nurses yell at him, to look over the curtain and watch the baby come out via c section. He knows me inside and out---literally---now! lol. Now that being said---while I was in labor he was a total dumbass! He slept when I couldnt, ate in front of me when I was starving...and just generally wouldnt listen to what I needed! Tried to massage me when I didnt want it, wouldnt when I did..etc! I think he was either TOO causual about the whole thing, or he was more scared then he wanted me to know and used the uninvolved attitute as a coverup. I still havent totally forgiven him! lol. Then..with our second and planned c section the dumbass SLEPT on the way to the hospital(yea I drove myself at 4:30am!)..and picked a huge fight before we left the house so I damn near didnt let him come into the hospital with me I was soooooooooooooooooo mad. I told him this time if he doesnt step up and be supportive Im not letting him come to any more births! lol. So..point being...men are just retarded about pregnany, labor and delivery...and many are dumb parents until they have a toddler to play with! Thats just life I guess! None of this is natural for them.

I was soo upset last night I slept about 10 mins. I feel like total crap today. [​IMG]

7. jasmineflower

jasmineflower New Member

Birth is a total different experience for men as it is for women, so it really tends to either freak men out when they start to think of the actual "birth" or it's just the shock that they'll actually have a son or daugther "just like that" and their whole lives will change forever.

I think us women have been with our babies for NINE months, and we've already gotten used to the fact that we have indeed a BABY. We have carried this baby, talked to it, bonded, felt it's movements, so it's very real. But I think some men it only becomes really real until the moment the baby comes out. So, when the time nears, they tend to freak out!

I think talking with your man when you both have cooled off in a casual way, even you expressing your fears as well, will let him know he's not alone in being afraid. At this point he probably seems so alone though 'cause the baby IS an all consuming topic and he feels "separate" from you guys. I would give him a little more atention, like buy him his favorite beer, snack (as corny as that sounds), and just hang out with him and don't talk about the baby at first and then once you see he's loosened up, bring up the fears you have about the labor in a "by teh way" kind of way. Let him open up. let him take the lead at this point. If he just comments abou tit and stops talking, fine, that's okay. Remember, guys hate to open up lol And the next day don't bring it up and concentrate your attention to him a bit. Then try again the day after.

No matter how wonderful your guy can be, I've noticed when it comes to opening up about a fear they have, FORGET IT. Women have to be literally GENTLE about it and not "make a big deal". I think it's the macho ego thing that men have lol

8. *mel*

Awww thanks for your replies ladies [​IMG] I definately feel this is more about the birth than just the normal fears about becoming a parent. He seems excited most of the time about becoming a dad, has even said a couple of times he's ready to meet the little guy now and doesn't want to wait any longer! lol!

He is however VERY squeamish, I think he is dreading all the blood and mess, not to mention me screaming in pain! He is not very open when talking about womens stuff at all, he looks like he will faint when you mention periods etc! Bless him! I think, like me, he was expecting I would need a c-section and now that it's looking more and more like a vaginal birth he is starting to realise what that means.

He wouldn't go with me to birthing classes even if I could book them this late in the game (which is very doubtfull) and in all honesty I don't think that would help anyway. I feel that it would just freak him out even more, like I feel it would freak me out! lol!

I don't know, part of me agree's with him. I would love the option of not participating in the birth and then being handed a nice clean baby when it's all over and done with, but I don't have that option so part of me feels like why should he?

I think I'm getting over emotional about everything these past few days. Earlier on we were watching TV and a couple found out they were pregnant, I nearly burst into tears! It just got me thinking about my TTC journey, all I have been through wondering if I would ever get pregnant, the investigations, the bad news and then the IVF treatment and finally the BFP! Seems like such a long journey and it has all led me to this point! Soon I'm going to be a mum!!!!! I just can't believe it at times!!!! Maybe having all this time off work is giving me too much time to think! lol!

On the plus side me and BF have got on much better today as he went to help his friend putting furniture together and he is working tomorrow and hopefully Friday too [​IMG] Living in each others pockets when we are both used to working full time takes some adjusting too! lol!

9. Bron

Bron New Member

Mel I think all men get initimaidated - I don't think I would want to watch my husband go through something like that - a painful op or whatever.

My DH fainted the first time I castrated a cat in front of him - I felt so bad. Since then if he watches any operation I do I give him a job and he got good at helping me with C-sections in animals cause he was busy the whole time. For the birth he also had a job which was to monitor my sugar levels and also to keep track on a form of anything that happened - waters breaking, them giving me meds and the time. He did a great job with that and I think it distracted him somewhat. Give your DH a job - whatever you thimk will suit his personality and away from teh squeamish side of things - it was also my DHs job to send out the sms's at the end to say baby was born and how much she weighed and by then he was following baby to ICU and didn't have to see me being stitched up or the placenta come out. Nonetheless to be honest it did affect him - it was a very stressful delivery and I know he wants me to have a C-section this time - what he doesn't realise is that then he will have no job except to watch and take photos amd jos wofe will be being cut open in front of him - oh well, lets see what he thinks of that if it happens.

You'll be fine and he'll be fine Mel - remember its about you and baby and he must cope - try not worry too much about him (shows how much we are woman when we worry about our DHs when we are about to give birth)

10. jasmineflower

jasmineflower New Member

LMAO! too funny and too cute!

Glad to hear evereything is better. So true though...if you're both used to working and having "lives" outside of home and then your thrown in together 24/7, yikes, that's a major change there!

I know I keep saying this, but omg we're getting closer, girls!!! Just looked at my ticker and i have LESS than 50 days to go OMG!!!! [​IMG] !!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

11. *mel*

LOL! I had to laugh Bron when you said he followed baby to ICU so he didn't have to see the placenta and you being stitched up. It reminded me that I read an article about childbirth and it said you should ask your partner if he would like to see the placenta, apparently most men want to as it is what has solely sustained your baby for the previous 9 months. I asked BF if he would want to see it and he looked pretty horrified to say the least! LMAO!!!!

I'm sure he will be fine when it comes down to it [​IMG]

12. *mel*

Ooooh and Jasmine, looking at my ticker, from tomorrow I will have less than 40 days!!!!! OMG!!!!!!

13. jasmineflower

jasmineflower New Member

less than 40 days!!!!!! that's like 10 from 30, whcih is ONLY a month, and then i'tll be less than a month! OMG!!!

14. TDG

TDG New Member

LOL...yeah I dont know too many men who have any kind of emotional attachment to the placenta for sustaining their baby for 9 months and feel like they need to see it! I was just reading in a magazine in the Drs office about other cultures and apprently lots of places people have special things they do with the placenta(dry it out n keep it, wrap it up n put it next to the baby for a week, daddy buries it in the backyard etc!) lol. Heck Im glad I dont have to see it..it would probably freak me out like I just lost an organ or something. lol.

haha I think its crazy I have 70 days left..40 is nuts!!! lol. I just found out this morning I got bumped to a 7am c section which means I have to be there at 5am which means I have to leave my house at 4!! (earlier if the roads are crappy which is likely). I might as well go in the night before! lol. Maybe well get a hotelroom in the city the night before....

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired again. Its like the minute the third trimester hit I completely ran outa steam! I need a day of sleep and pampering...but its not happening this weekend. DFs replaceing the windows in the boys room and changing the power steering pump on one of our cars so we can try to get it sold. Then next weekend is his bday and halloween..whew...Idk when Ill get a break!

15. Walle

Walle New Member

I asked my husband if he wants to be with me in labour it and he told me he is going to be “if I want him to”, he´s scared about it and he doesn’t really want to be there at all, he doesn’t like blood or anything he can´t even watch Grey´s Anatomy with me. At first I wanted him there and I got a little mad but now I am thinking about it because I´m such a fragile person when he´s around like a little girl, he takes care of me and worries a lot when I´m sick or feeling bad so I think I´m going to be more brave and more determinated through labour if he´s not there. I don’t know if you know what I mean
    In the other hand I really want him to be there when baby starts coming out!

16. jasmineflower

jasmineflower New Member

yeah, it's a toughie....with DH I didn't know what to expect when it came to delivery. If anything, I thought he'll be creeped out by all the blood, etc., and I thought I'd be excited to see the placenta. It completely was the other way around. He was so into it and he kept peaking over and even helping the nurses! And I, on the other hand, just struggled with each push and refused to have a mirror to see my va-jay-jay and the baby's head 'cuase I actually thought ewww lol And when the placenta came out, I totally did not look. Like TDG said, it's like you'rem issing an organ and that's actually what it felt like LOL and to know the baby was sleeping against that thing! LOL

Oh, and when I was in my birth classes at my hospital the instructor also passed out RECIPES for the placenta 'cause she says people do request them EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

17. TDG

TDG New Member

o m g jasmine. recipes really????????? ahhhhhhhhh I just threw up in my mouth a little. LOL!

I cant imagine giving birth without my df there. Even if he was uncomfortable with it, if I have to go through something like that, he can suck it up n support me! I dont think they should get away with having it so easy that all they do to have a baby is blow a load in ya!! lol. Thats just me though. [​IMG]

18. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I'm not cooking placenta and I'm fairly certain everyone around me would beat me for even suggesting it. LOL

19. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

Any babies here yet?

20. court

court New Member

Not yet for me....2 more days of work...monday and tuesday.
    boy am I tired at the end of the day.
    but hanging in there.
    8 more days.
    I know it will be here in a blink of an eye...crazy.