Due in October/November/December 2010 - *Part 2*

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by *mel*, Jul 21, 2010.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Re: Due in October/November/December 2010 - *Part

Well I was kind of freaking out earlier but now I am wondering. I went to use the toilet and noticed in my underwear there was a little but of pink CM, nothing when I wiped, just CM on my underwear. I don't usually wear white so wouldn't even know usually. I put on a liner so I could monitor if there was any more and so far there hasn't been any. If there is any more at any point I'm going to ring the hospital and see what they say?

Anyway, what got me wondering was after my accident earlier I did come home and do some kegals, now I am wondering if that could maybe have something to do with it? I didn't think about it at the time untill I just read nikki's post. Any thoughts?

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. TDG

TDG New Member

mel--First of all...dont feel bad about the bladder leak! With my LOW babies by 25 weeks Im having accidents every time I sneeze! LOL. I dont even have weak muscles and after I have the baby I have never suffered any bladder leaks or anything. As far as the CM...I would call and just ask. Since you are at risk for premature labor its better to just see what they say. With the bladder leak all of a sudden it makes me wonder if hes dropped lower maybe possibly also putting pressure on your cervix too. My Dr says to report all blood this late in the game...even just blood tinged CM. Theres no way kegels would cause blood, unless something else is going on.

3. court

court New Member

mel...you could have started losing a little of your mucus plug...which can happen weeks before delivery. Sometimes it can be more bloody and mucusy when you wipe that lasts for several days. it can be quite big, not a cute little plug. when is your next appt...just let your md know. are you having a consistant contractions? if not I am sure it was just a little of your plug or have you had sex, it could be from that too. your cervix you could say is pretty "raw" right now.

doing well.......12 days away for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my lordy. I feel pretty ready though. I have 5 more days of work!

court

4. court

court New Member

speaking of the sex thing my hubby won't come near me with a 10 ft pole. ha ha. he doesn't particularly find extremely preg women "sexy".
    guess that is life.
    court

5. Jennifer21

Jennifer21 New Member

mel I would def call your doctor... being in the hospital, I see the doctor every day and they always ask "any leaking of fluids or bleeding" so def call just to be sure they don't want you to get checked. With your risk of delivering early you would want to know asap.
    Court, I haven't had sex in over 3 months!! and it will be at least another 2 months before I do it again sooo yea, it sucks lol.
    I have a sono tomorrow and they are measuring my cervix and the babies weight so I am excited for that [​IMG]

6. jasmineflower

jasmineflower New Member

mel, defintly call your doctor...they ALWAYS ask about bleeding, even if tinged, for a reason...it could be so many things, normal, actually, but they need to know. Court is right, if you had sex recently, it can be that as well.....or, omg, a bit of your mucous plug, which means you're getting closer [​IMG]

7. *mel*

Thanks for all your responses ladies. I didn't call the doctor, I didn't see anymore but am still monitoring it. I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow so will mention it to her. I was also getting BH yesturday too but they were painless, alot of the time I don't even realise I am getting them! lol! I think I am that used to the sensation now that I don't notice it at all, I can only tell from touching my belly and I feel it go hard! I think they were caused from going shopping in town yesturday though, I seriously can't walk far at all without upsetting my uterus, it gets so angry with me! lol!

However, I did wet myself again last night in bed [​IMG] WTF is that all about???? Seriously, it's gross! I woke up and thought my waters had broke! lol! It definately wasn't though, it was while I was having one of those dreams, you know the kind where you are on the toilet and *normally* you wake up just before you start peeing but for some reason last night my bladder gave out on me AGAIN!!!! I am not impressed with this part of pregnancy at all! Also, I'm getting kind of worried, what on earth is it going to be like when I have dropped? My bumps still high and I am still breathless and still getting heartburn so baby hasn't dropped yet, I will be wearing those nasty pads that old ladies wear [​IMG]

8. jasmineflower

jasmineflower New Member

mel, fortunately it won't be for long [​IMG]....I always wondered how is it that one DOESN'T "go to the bathroom" while dreaming aobut it....I would wake up and surprisingly I didnt' wet the bed, but I'm waiting for the day I do 'cause it seems so REAL! lol

well, I'm officially officially on maternity leave....no work whatsoever! Now I just have to knock off things on my To Do List...which I still got lots. I ordered sheets and 'cause I ordered "custom" sheets for a thicker portable mattress, they say up to FOUR weeks! Uhh, they're plain white sheets! I just hope I get it before the baby is here! That's the most important thing actually 'cause where is he gonna sleep on!

Speaking of sleep, slept like three hours last night...couldn't fall asleep for the life of me. Gotta love the third trimester.

9. TDG

TDG New Member

LOL mel...yup time to get some panty liners on at least! :p One day I sneezed and peed a decent amount(normally its very very little) and I went "OH NO!" and Brendyn goes "whats wrong mommy?" I said "mommy peed her pants!" He goes (very casually) "oh ok, you want me to get you a diaper?" LOL....freakin kid...NO I dont want a diaper for at least another 60 years! I feel ya on the angry uterus...mine gets angry VERY easy too.

jasmine--yay for maternity leave! Good luck with the to do list with a toddler runnin around. lol. and sleep...yeah whats that??

I had my appt today. My incision pain is apparently caused by both stretching, and a large lump of scar tissue that is blocking blood flow to a certain spot--causeing pain. Im glad its nothing serious but it still sucks. Still dont have to take my blood sugars which rocks, BUT my blood pressure is getting high! I havent gained any weight in the last month which rocks because Im already up about 25lbs anyways. Baby is lookin good, and is slighty big for 28 weeks at 2 lbs 8 oz roughly. I FINALLY got a c section date. Its not the 31st like I hoped but thats not a huge deal. Itll be dec 30th at 7:30am. I have to be there at 5:30--which means leavin my house at 4:30! I can not believe Im starting 2 week appts now...crazy!!!

Those of you having number 2(or more)...do any of you feel guilty about adding to the family? When I had Evan I felt terribly guilty because Brendyn was the center of my world and I didnt want him to have to share me. I couldnt imagine loving anyone as much as I love him. Plus he was still young at 18 months and needed soo much attention. It worked out great though. Him being young helped him adjust better to Evan, and splitting my love and attention wasnt near as hard as I imagined it to be. It was more like doubling my love than splitting it..if that makes sense. SOO..I never thought Id be feeling this guilt again this time but with the realization hes coming soon Im starting to feel guilty! I KNOW it will not only be ok but will be wonderful to give them a new brother..but I still feel a lil panicky about what Im "doing" to them sometimes. Just more irrational crazy preggo hormones screwin with me I suppose? lol

10. jasmineflower

jasmineflower New Member

omg, TDG, talk about timing...that's EXACTLY what I'm worried about 24/7 now. I started to really think about it this past week and I'm going crazy over here with guilt as far as will I be albe to split the love and the attention and will Max feel neglected when he sees me with the new baby...and how will I be? When you wrote rather than splitting it felt like it doubled, whewwwww, that really made me feel better. I hope that's the case 'cause it seems so scary! 'Cause same here, I can't imagine loving anyone more than him. And he's been extra extra clingy recently (as if he knows or someting) and he always needs me wth him (which i loooove, total mama's boy), so i can't imagine what he 'll think or how he'll act when he sees me with our new addition <3 And now even, I feel like I'm being unfair to this new baby because I just wrote "I can't imagine lovign anyone more than him"! It's like I love this baby, too, and i will never be one of those mothers who favor one child over the other, but I ttoally sound like that now! ughhhhhh And I'm not like that....I want to equally love them all and for them to know it. ughhhhh

I'm glad you FINALLY got the c-section date set. That's so exciting knowing exactly the date. Thjats' so cool 'cause he'll always have a day off on his birthday no matter what -- And one heck of a party week! lol

yeah, toddler and 'to do list' is a challenge alright...that's why i'm happy i'm on the maternity leave extra early this time lol

11. TDG

TDG New Member

haha..well Im glad I made you feel better. I guess it makes me feel better that these feelings are normal too. I was a stay at home mom from about 2 months into my pregnancy with Brendyn so when I say he was my world I literally mean it! lol. It was all about HIM. It was soooo hard to imagine loving anyone like I love him, and yes that does sound terrible! lol. But seriously...you will have the new baby and feel the same exact way about them..you wont be able to imagine life without them. And since yours are close too, even tho it IS difficult at times to manage two such young kids needs, they will be such good lil friends and your son will adjust much easier than most(from what ive seen) 3,4,5+ year olds because they are less likely to experience real jealousy yet under age 2. I KNOW first hand how irrational these concerns are...and yet I still feel it! lol. Its odd...because I DO love this lil wiggly baby in my belly...but not near as much as I love my boys. You can bond with a baby in your belly a lot but until you see them and hold them its not quite the same...the love you feel on their bday is suddenly bigger than you can imagine, like the way you feel about your son already. Attention does have to be divided to a point--but only to a point because with kids so close they share interests and you can give both attention easier. Love for your babies is never divided tho.

K...I need to stop talking..IDK if any of that even makes sense because Im loopy tired right now. lol

12. jasmineflower

jasmineflower New Member

no, makes sense lol I think it's just a normal thing moms go through when having more children....it does seem like irrational thinking (plus add the hormones lol), but I think if you're a good mom you would worry a bit about that because bottomline you love your children and want the best for them.

I'm so excited that they're so close in age...I know MAx is going to adore his new brother/partner in crime lol Maybe in the beginning he might be a bit jealous, but I'm going to make sure I give lots of attention to him [​IMG] 33 weeks today!!! Technically 7 weeks to go!!!!

13. TDG

TDG New Member

Brendyn was 18 months when Evan was born and he was honestly never jealous at all. He understood pretty well beforehand that a new baby was in my belly and he was just excited. With recovering from a c section and taking care of Evan I couldnt give him as much attention but DF did a fantastic job steppin up the attention he gives him and it worked out just fine. He is super excited again and tells me all the time I need to go to the Dr and get the baby out. lol. Itll be interesting how Evan handles it because he is more of a mommas boy than Brendyn even was and he doesnt seem to understand a baby is coming like Brendyn did. Brendyn and Evan fight a LOT now but they love playing together too. Itll be beyond insane having 3 boys 3 and under but they will grow up being great friends which I LOVE.

Anyways--pregnancy... BLAH. lol. Im excited to have a date set so I can start counting down. 72 days!! lol. My normal, non pregnant blood pressure is pretty low so even when its slightly high I really feel like crap. Its up again today.

14. Bron

Bron New Member

I know - its hard with a toddler too - I feel guilty about both of them though - guilty that Laurana is about to have her world totally changed and that I won;t have the time I have now for one on one (she's also been really clingy and wants Mom all the time too) and I also feel guilty because I haven't paid as much attention to the new one while pregnant - I used to talk and sing to Laurana all the time and think a lot more about her. Now while I do think about the new one, its more in terms of the whole family and how things will change and how we will all cope.

I think DH told Laurana that before Mom has the baby she will go to hospital and Grandma will look after her - it was a bit early for this because yesterday she said: "I want to come to the hospital and be with you Mom" At least she seems to be looking forward to getting a new room.

15. jasmineflower

jasmineflower New Member

check this fact out:

"A Russian woman holds the record for having the most children. Between 1725 and 1765, she was pregnant 27 times and had 69 children (that includes a number of multiple births)."

YIKESSSSSSSS and you know she did this without ANY medication HOLY SH*T!

16. TDG

TDG New Member

wow thats a LOT of multiples(and kids!!)! She didnt need meds because after 10 Id bet they just crawl out! [​IMG] :p yikes!

Bron--thats so sweet she wants to go to the hospital with you. I think at age 3 shell have more jealously but shell get used to the new baby and itll be so awesome for her to have a sister! Make sure you try to get her excited for the baby now--let her pick out things and talk about it with her a lot. If shes excited she will be an awesome lil helper for you.

17. nikkiwants4

nikkiwants4 Member

Bron what I did to prepare my middle daughter was get a special baby doll and brought her all the things she would need to take care of her baby so she could mimic me. She turned out to be such a wonderful big sister. She was also three at the time and now she is almost eight. Very true what TDG said

Holy cow 27 pregnacy and 69 children my good lord!!! That is crazy and amazing all at the same time

18. *mel*

OMG Jasmine! I just saw that on FB! lol! Totally crazy!!!!

Your kids are simular in age to what I am to my brother and sister TDG! My mum always said it was hard having three kids close in age at times and could get expensive when we were all at school and stuff, but she wouldn't have it any other way. Theres 20 months between me and my sister and 21 months between her and my brother. My mum also said I was always a great help, it was like, as the oldest I took on the role of mummys little helper or something.

I had my midwife appointment today and everything went fine, apart from I have the oddest shape bump she has ever seen! lol!!!! I guess I really am special as she must see alot of bumps! I finally got to listen to the heartbeat (if I hadn't used a doppler this would be the first time I heard it!!!), and she measured me which was difficult as I am all to the right hand side. She took 3 measurements and decided to go with the average which had me measuring a week ahead which I guess is right as I am measuring a week ahead by scans too. She said my baby is tall [​IMG]

Oh yeah!!! And I didn't pee myself at all yesturday!!! YAY!!! Go me! LOL!!!!

19. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Yay Mel! Work that bladder control! LOL

I heard about that woman. Crazy! I thought it was insane that my friend had 5 sets of boy/girl twins and a single girl. She had 11 kids in 7 years!!! I'm just amazed that she is a SAHM with no nannies or extra help all day when her husband is at work. I don't think I could do it!!!

20. TDG

TDG New Member

lol mel! yay for you! It can be very hard having close kids but I really love it. I try to remember very soon they will all be out of the baby/toddler stage n things will be easier. Its going by sooo quick already! Plus me and df will be less than 45 when all our kids are grown and out of the house--still really young so we *hopefully* have our health and energy to do fun things together. lol

bunny--that is nuts!! Im confident I can handle a mess of lil kids but 11 under age 7! wow---Im exhausted just thinking about it! lol