Due in January/February/March 2011

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by BunnyGirl19, May 25, 2010.

1. starbug

starbug New Member

I hope so [​IMG]

A few people had said to me not to be too disappointed if the 20 week scan wasn't as good as the baby is bigger and doesn't all fit on the screen so it is harder to get a clear picture.

I was so relieved when mine did move eventually. Typical it never stopped moving when I was at home, but wouldn't move for the sonographer until the last minute!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

2. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

I wish people had warned me! lol! I LOVED my 12 week scan, I was blown away by the image of my little baby and how much he had changed. BF wasn't able to make it and had only been to one scan at 7 weeks which was basically just a flutter in a circle! lol! I kept telling him how incredible the 20 week scan would be and then when we went it was no-where near as good as I expected, the pics were awfull!

3. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey guys, just popping in for a second to say they I had my official anatomy scan today and baby looks great! She is measuring right on track and organs are so far so good!

I am getting nervous about my vbac choice but I will pull up my old vbac thread for that...

xoxo

Walle- any news?

Good luck, Bron!

4. Bron

Bron New Member

Walle how did your scan go?

Mine went fine this morning - everything was perfectly normal and my new DD (we did check it and she's still a she) is weighing about 329g (11.6 ounces) which is about right for this stage. She was very active so they got to check everything though had to do it fast else she was in a new position already.

My gynae is already pushing for a C-section and I am not ready to commit yet - I think its far too early. Baby could land up breech or transverse anyway or could be huge or small or I could go into labour prematurely. I shall wait and decide later. I know there are risks, but I have yet to decide which risks are better for me and baby.

5. TDG

TDG New Member

bron-congrats again on another lil girl! I agree you shouldnt be pushed into a c sect yet. If the baby isnt huge I would think a vbac is a perfectly good option--theres been a good amount of time between your babies.

I have another scan on monday to measure my lil man. Im very curious to see how hes growing and if hes going to be a lil peanut like my other boys.

6. starbug

starbug New Member

I was warned but was still slightly disappointed, although I think that was more because of the experience rather than the pictures. I got three and one you cant tell whats what, on another I can make out whats happening but no one else can and I have to explain where the head is etc, and the other is quite good of it doing a thumbs up. So they're not fantastic but not too bad. My 12 week one was very clear and you can see its nose and lips.

7. starbug

starbug New Member

Does anyone else suffer with rib pain? I seem to be getting it quite bad which I'm surprised about with not having a big bump. It is something I'd expect to get near the end but have had it for quite a few weeks mainly on the right and mainly when I'm in bed, but I have been getting it during the day recently and on the left sometimes now too. Its definitely getting worse so I'm going to get a body pillow to sleep with but I'm not sure theres much I can do about it at work sat at a desk. Its been the most uncomfortable part of pregnancy for me so far. Apart from being kicked in the bladder that is lol.

8. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

I had a dating scan at 6 weeks (just a blob with a white heart) and then the anatomy scan at 19 weeks. We got some super clear pictures, but they totally freaked me out. She obviously looked like a baby, but the shots were black and white and highlighted the skeleton. She was skinny and skeletal. One was a perfect shot of her curled up and her backbone was highlighted perfectly. Reminded me of the sister in Pet Cemetary, "Rachel....RAAACHEL...". Another was a foot shot, skinny little skeletal foot. And then a perfect shot of her face...I called her (well, "it" at the time) "Skeletor" because it was just a skull looking start at us. I still get weirded out looking at the still frames. Next time I'll go for a 3-D image where I can see flesh on the baby.

Congrats ladies, everything is going well and scans are looking good!!

9. TDG

TDG New Member

starbug--Id think you are probabaly more likely to have rib pains with a small bump because the baby is squishing your organs and ribs more than if it was sticking outward more.

10. Bron

Bron New Member

Starbug I didn't have specific rib pain but last pregnancy in second trimester I had excruciating pain under my ribs and I think it was gall stones - I was in hospital on pethidine it was so painful. It may be organs squishing your ribs though.

TDG I had natural birth with induction last time - no C-section, so that is also why I am upset that he is pushing for a C-section now - sure if baby is a lot bigger than maybe as it was a battle to get her out, but really he can't know that now and neither can I. Anyway, not going to worry about that now. When does third trimester start cause you have either been in it a week or are about to enter it - that is a bit scary I think as we are just behind you.

11. TDG

TDG New Member

oh I was thinkn you did have one with L. Well yeah thats even sillier to be pushing one then!! Like you said theres no way to know if the baby will be bigger right now, plus after pushing out one big baby you should be able to do it easier this time. I thought 28 weeks started the trird trimester but my baby gaga ticker on my homepage is in the 7th box now so maybe it is 27? I have either 77 or 78 days left!! Ill find out on monday which it is. I am sooo ready to get this kid out. lol. My due date is jan 7th so you ladies arent far behind me!

12. starbug

starbug New Member

Thats a good point, I hadn't thought of that.

13. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

I found that some websites class 27 weeks as the beginning of the third tri, some 28. I think my doctors classed 28 as thats when I had to start having growth monitoring scans.

14. TDG

TDG New Member

starbug--makes sense to me! The way I carry seems to change how I feel things compared to others. I get big very fast and I carry very low so I have lots of pelvic/bladder issues but very little stomach/rib squishing. The baby is growing (almost) the same in all of us but we all carry different. So if your baby is the same size as mine at 25 weeks, but isnt sticking out like mine, the baby is going somewhere and it has to be up/back in your organs/ribs. It sucks you have to deal with those pains a lil sooner than most, but 6 weeks pp when you are back in your skinny jeans it wont seem like such a bad thing. [​IMG]

15. Bron

Bron New Member

Well welcome to the third trimester then TDG either way [​IMG] Not too long to go now.

Starbug hoping things will settle down soon.

I am having an awful weekend - at least Laurana is asleep now as she is sick, DH has disappeared to a gaming weekend so I must deal with her and on top of that I am working and it has been absolutely crazy at work - both emotionally and physically stressful and finally I was late for work this morning as my sugars went low - both before and after work which really makes me wonder if I should be working at all - how can I heal animals when I can't even make myself think straight. Anyway, somehow I have managed up to now and I figure it can only get better. Will go and buy some supper before work tonight so at least I don't have to cook after work. Take aways will have to do.

Our receptionist at work ran into me today - straight into my abdomen. She was horrified and so worried she had hurt my baby but there is no ways she did - I spent more time trying to comfort her - baby was kicking fine minutes later and she didn't even come near her. It was quite funny how shocked she was.

16. starbug

starbug New Member

I must admit, I would be worried if I accidentally ran into a pregnant woman's stomach and I'm always paranoid about my own getting knocked into. I even worry when I'm bending down sometimes too but I suppose they are better padded than we realise.

It does make sense about the rib pains. Baby must be more spread out and putting pressure higher up. I suffered with it quite badly last night. I woke up at 4.30 am and was up for 2 hours trying to get comfortable. I tried putting a pillow under my tummy too to see if that would help but that seemed to make it worse. My tummy does look to have grown over the last few days, but I thought that last weekend, then monday morning it had gone down by over 2 inches. I have gained a pound this week so I hope it has grown properly this time.

Sounds like a stressful weekend, Bron. I hope you have a better week.

17. TDG

TDG New Member

LOL. Thats funny about her running into your belly Bron. I KNOW they are far better protected than it would seem. My boys are always climbing on me, or "crashing" into my belly, or laying on it etc. Baby 3 hasnt suffered yet, altho if they are cramping his space he will hit/kick them! Sibling rivalry starts very early! lol. Im sorry L is sick! I hope she gets feelin better soon and you can get some time to relax. You have to make sure you are taking care of yourself on top of her, work and everything else in life!

18. Bron

Bron New Member

Starbug sorry you are having an uncomfortable time - hopefully baby will move into a better position and you can get some rest.

My weekend did improve and work got a bit quieter Saturday evening and Sunday morning and this week I am working less so that is good.

TDG yes - I think having more children makes us more aware how well protected they are - Laurana is also constantly on my lap - she's tried kicking me (luckily not hard) too and then I get a cross and she pats my stomach and says: "Sorry baby. I won't do it again." She also has bashed into my boobs and that is very sore! She's feeling better now at least - must have been a minor cold.

Strabug a pound a week in 2nd trimester is supposed to be right. I put ona lot of weight between 12 and 16 weeks and very little since then but I am really thirsty these days and think the water retention will start soon as I am not needing the loo much and then I guess the weight will pile on.

19. iampam

iampam Active Member

I'm on vacation with DH! The belly is starting to come out a little, but still not very noticeable. You definitely wouldn't notice I was pregnant unless I told you.

20. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

Lucky you, Pam! I wish I could say the same! I am a freaking house already!!

I have been so busy with this cleaning urge! I just can't seem to get things clean enough and working on the baby's room since with holiday's and all just before, I want to make sure she will have everything she needs and we are not having to sit tight with money.... so get it done now, or at least started! I will post some pics of some of the stuff we have bought for her so far and her nursery IS painted! I always find myself staring in there just like I did with N's room.

Hubby got laid off at work Oct 8 because the company can not compete with other local construction companies and they are running out of work, so it is going to be a little bit of a toughy through the next couple of months. It was that or have hour sharing and drive 2 hours each way to work and with gas prices it wouldn't make sense.

Baby is doing great!! She kicks SO much and hard too! We DO have a name picked out and I will share it after she is born [​IMG] I have to say it is a name I have never thought of and LOVE it!