Due in January/February/March 2011

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by BunnyGirl19, May 25, 2010.

1. TDG

TDG New Member

haha bron--now that you say that Im thinkin thats why df thinks Im not as crabby this time--hes been gone a lot too! Its probably a good idea to try n get extra sleep. Good luck! lol. I get to a certain point where if I dont get some rest I literally feel like Ill lose it--so I call in the nanny and sleep for an entire day, usually once every few weeks at least. Thats nice you have a preggo friend to talk to there, I wish I did. I have two friends due only a week before and a week after me but I never see them.

2. Bron

Bron New Member

Well the Rescue isn't working - its 19:50 and Laurana is yelling and sneezing in her bedroom, but maybe just maybe she'll be asleep before 20:30 - can always hope. I wish I had a nanny and could sleep for the day - I want to try to sleep tomorrow morning as I have the day off, but I also need to pick up some more insulin sometime tomorrow - could always drag Laurana with me in the afternoon. That might be a good idea - she can have fun in a big hospital and I can scream inside while she runs away [​IMG] I still really might take her though as outings seem to do her good.

Lol, DHs seem to need to spend time away from irritable pregnant wives. I actually don't think I have been as grumpy as last pregnancy.

3. Walle

Walle New Member

Hey guys I want to share this story with you. Yesterday my sister called and told me to go to her house to see “something” I immediately thought it was a new puppy. My surprise was when I arrived she had in her arms a 2weeks old baby! I also thought he was a friend´s son or something like that but I was wrong : she is going to take care of him until Sunday because he is waiting to be adopted and the paper work is not ready yet, the family who was supposed to take care of him these days got sick and my sister offered. Oh my God when she told me the story I just couldn’t stop crying, seeing him so tiny and with no family, no parents to take care of him, I really couldn´t stop crying; my family kept telling me that he´s going to have a better life with a family that really wants and loves him, but he´s ONLY 15 days and he has to be wandering from one place to another, It really broke my heart. So we´ll have a little guest until Sunday, maybe I can get some practice!! LOL! (I apologize for my English I hope you can understand)

4. TDG

TDG New Member

bron--hope you got SOME sleep!

walle--I had a similar experience last year. My mom was the attorney for a birth mother in an adoption. The adoptive parents had taken the baby home and then birth mother changed her mind after about a week--then called 2 days later(at 3am drunk) asking my mom to come get the baby!! well the adoptive parents had gone home completely heartbroken(about 10 hours away) so this lil 1-2 week old baby had nowhere to go! Since my youngest was only 3 months old or so I had everything one would need for a baby so I took her for a few days until the parents could come back for her. It was awful to see this lil newborn being passed around unable to bond with a mommy/daddy. Happy ending though--the new parents had gone through 10 years of fertility treatments and 3 failed adoptions already so no one on earth could have loved and wanted her more. We still get pics/updates on "my" probably only daughter Ill ever have and shes their lil princess!

5. Walle

Walle New Member

TDG: Didn’t you miss the little girl when she was gone? I´m afraid my family is getting attached to this boy (including me).

6. TDG

TDG New Member

Yes I did--its way too easy to get attached to a sweet lil newborn, but I got over it fast. I did afterall have a 2 year old AND a 3 month old already! lol. I had gotten to know the adoptive parents(and the birth mother) a bit..so I was just so overjoyed to be giving the baby to people that were soo in love with her already.

7. iampam

iampam Active Member

I've been really sick with a cold for the past 36 hours or so, but finally starting to feel better...

Yesterday was a doctor's appointment. I gained 6lbs since last month, and I think 4 of them came within the past week! Tummy is definitely growing, though you still can't see it much when standing, it's really obvious/freaky when I am laying down.

DH was finally able to come with me which was nice. We had a scary minute though... it took her awhile to find the heartbeat! But the baby was just higher than she was expecting and the HB was fine.

But yeah, this cold has sucked. Finally starting to feel a little better. I hate being sick.

8. Walle

Walle New Member

Pam: I hope you feel better soon. Being sick and pregnant it´s awful, we can´t take any strong medicine to fell better [​IMG]

I´m having a GENDER SCAN TOMORROW!!! but I can't place too much hope in it because it´s too soon; we´ll see what happens, I'm dying to know!!

9. TDG

TDG New Member

pam--I hope that colds on the way out! Thats cool your DH got to come hear the heartbeat--its soo amazing.

walle--good luck at the scan! I found out my first was a boy at 16 weeks so ya never know!

10. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

Good luck Walle, I was just under 17weeks with this baby for our gender scan and we found out the sex! Fingers crossed that baby keeps his/her legs UN-crossed [​IMG]

11. Bron

Bron New Member

Walle good luck for your gender scan - can't believe you are already 16 weeks - time is flying! I had mine at 16 weeks and it seemed pretty clear though I will have it rechecked next week at the 20 week scan.

Pam hope you feel better soon. Colds and pregnancies do not mix well together.

Went to the doctor today as the asthma was out of hand and I felt awful. I told him I'd deal with the sugars - his job was the asthma. So now I am on cortisone and having to raise the insulin, but I can at least breathe in my own home again. I'll take it til the next scan and then speak to the gynae about it as its probably not the greastest thing to be on long term.

12. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Good luck Walle can't wait to hear!

13. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Poor Bron! You're just falling apart it sounds like!

14. Bron

Bron New Member

Lol Bunny - it does feel like it at times - mostly its all due to an over active immune system - AHHHHH its trying to kill me! [​IMG] (that's where the diabetes, hypothyroidism and the asthma all come from)

Anyway, woke up able to breathe this morning which was really nice - am still taking the asthma pump occassionally but I think it should at least last longer now!

15. starbug

starbug New Member

Hi everyone.

I've been browsing this forum for a few months and have finally got round to joining this thread. My first baby is due on Jan 27th so I will be 25 weeks this thursday. I haven't found out the sex. Sometimes I wish I had done, but I think I'll be glad of the surprise when it comes down to it.

I started a thread when I was 18 weeks saying that I was worried about not gaining much weight and sadly by 24 weeks 4 days I still dont look a whole lot different. I have grown a little bit since then but not by much. Infact some people at work still didn't know until they were told at the end of last week when I had hit 24 weeks! I have gained about 8lbs so far but that has mainly gone on places I dont want it to like my face and legs! I do have a bit of a bump now but it is only small and tends to fluctuate in size a fair bit. I keep thinking its got nice and big, then suddenly it will drop by a few inches over the course of one day. I haven't gained even an ounce in the last 3 weeks so I'm hoping that it is nothing to worry about! I have an appointment with the midwife next tuesday so I will bring it up then.

I had a scan at 21 weeks and everything was fine, so I expect I'm worrying over nothing especially as people tell me that they were small and had big babies, or stayed small right up until the end. I didnt enjoy the 21 weeks scan as much as the 12 week one as baby was in the wrong position initially and they couldnt check the head properly so I almost had to leave it and go back another time. But after going for a walk round the hospital they managed to do it so he/she must have moved at the right time. Which was a relief because I was feeling really disappointed that I might have to leave it and go back another time. Also, my bladder wasnt full enough at first, then after going back to the waiting room for 40 mins and drinking more water, they then said my bladder was too full! It was also a trainee doing the scan which I dont mind at all and she was a very nice girl, but she was sat with someone training her and they were both talking amongst themselves the whole time without telling me anything. I had to keep asking questions about whether baby looked ok and if he/she was big enough etc. It seemed to be more about the girl learning how to scan, rather than me actually getting my scan done lol. But they seemed happy with everything so I went home happy (after 4 hours and 4 scan attempts!) I got a good picture of baby doing a thumbs up!

I really enjoyed my 12 week scan as baby was wiggling about all over and there were no issues with it being in the wrong position or my bladder being empty or too full lol.

I'll have to make myself a ticker [​IMG]

16. iampam

iampam Active Member

Welcome starbug!

17. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Starbug I am so pleased you decided to post over here! I have to say your 20 week scan experience sounds very simular to mine. My baby would not co-operate, I had to go for a walk to see if he would change positions, then wait again but I was told I had to go back, stubborn baby still hadn't moved! lol! 2 weeks later the baby was in the EXACT same position again, the sonographer had me doing acrobats in order to get him to move and he did eventually! I was knackered by the end of it! lol! I find that later scans are no where near as clear to me as the 12 week one, I think probably because the baby is getting bigger so it's harder for them to get a good shot. I have to have scans every 4 weeks now and the last few ones you can't even tell what you are looking at, my last one his head was so far down they said they would have to remove my hip if I wanted a picture of his face! lol!

Try not to worry too much about the lack of weight gain, I found it was when I was roundabout where you are now that the weight really started coming on! Babies start growing really fast from here on in, you will have a big beautifull bump before you know it [​IMG]

18. Bron

Bron New Member

Welcome Starbug! I also wouldn't worry about the weight gain - babies seem to grow a lot faster towards the end and they will probably keep an eye on baby and make sure he/she is growing well.

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow morning so hoping it will go well and won't have to have any acrobatics. My DD has got quite active lately so maybe she'll move enough - I even feel her while working now and I really thought she was going to be quiet, but the last few days she has certainly woken up a lot and kicks night and day now.

19. TDG

TDG New Member

welcome starbug. Like others said before--everyone carrys different so your size isnt anything to worry about and they will watch the baby to make sure he/she is growing good.

bron--good luck with the scan tomorrow!!

20. starbug

starbug New Member

Thanks. I'm at the doctors next week for an antenatal appointment and I'm sure the midwife will tell me if don't look big enough. People keep telling me how small I am, which doesnt really help lol. Its funny how your tummy suddenly becomes the centre of attention for everyone.

Bron, good luck with your scan. Hopefully yours will co-operate better than mine did.