Due in January/February/March 2011 - *Part 2*

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by *mel*, Oct 22, 2010.

  1. TDG

    TDG New Member

    row--I think brons saying the baby got stuck during the vag delivery, had o2 deprevation, then an emergency c sect.

  2. Raunchy-Row

    Raunchy-Row Super Moderator Staff Member

    Gotcha. I got confused because it said "after a vaginal delivery" and I was thinking shoulder dystocia or something like that.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

  3. BunnyGirl19

    BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

    A lady at my church has a fused pelvis (from surgery after a car accident as a teenager) so it can't spread to allow for a vaginal birth. She's had 7 C-sections, which must be some sort of record!!! Otherwise, it's pretty rare for the pelvis to not accommodate delivery.

  4. Confused-Hasya

    Confused-Hasya Active Member

    Uh oh! Try not to think of it as earth shattering. It'll cause undue stress on you now and later. Take things as they come. Births frequently don't happen as we think they will. Best wishes to you.

  5. iampam

    iampam Active Member

    Still no baby yet, i'll post details later... everything was well until i got stuck in transition for 6 hours. that was hell. eventually got an epi.

  6. Raunchy-Row

    Raunchy-Row Super Moderator Staff Member

    Hang in there Pam! That baby better be darn cute for all the heck he's causing you!~ [​IMG] We're all obsessively checking for updates (well, I am anyway!).

  7. *mel*

    *mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

    Sorry your having a rough time of it Pam, these babies sure can be a pain [​IMG]

  8. nessa26

    nessa26 New Member

    I'm sorry things aren't going as planned Pam, but I have heard that epis can be beneficial. It may relax you enough to allow your body to completely dilate.

  9. Confused-Hasya

    Confused-Hasya Active Member

    I am checking too!

  10. desertgirl

    desertgirl Active Member

    thinking about you, iampam. Hope everything is going well!

  11. WhiTniZZle

    WhiTniZZle New Member

    Hope all is going smoothly, quickly, and happily for you PAM!! Thoughts are with you! [​IMG] [​IMG]

  12. iampam

    iampam Active Member

    Baby Eddie arrived this afternoon at 1:15pm, 8 lbs 9oz, 21.75 inches. We managed to avoid a c-section, thanks to the wonder of forceps. We had my least favorite doc on today (my favorite doc traded call duty with him!!) but it actually worked out perfectly because he is older and very experienced with forceps.

    A few hours later I tried to get up and pee and when I sat down on the toilet I fainted! Now I am getting a blood transfusion!

    I will do a long birth story update when I get a chance [​IMG]

  13. *mel*

    *mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

    Congrats Pam [​IMG] Can't wait for more details but in the mean time rest up and enjoy baby Eddie! I am very impressed you got a ticker sorted already [​IMG]

  14. Confused-Hasya

    Confused-Hasya Active Member

    Phew! Glad all's well. Hope your blood levels stabilize soon.

  15. Bron

    Bron New Member

    Congrats Pam! Hope you can get some rest now and cuddle Eddie.

  16. nessa26

    nessa26 New Member

    Congrats Pam. Glad you were able to avoid the csection. Sounds like your least favorite doc, didn't wind up being so bad after all, eh? Hope you can get some rest.

  17. BunnyGirl19

    BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

    Yay! It's about time he got here! LOL

    I looks like I may possibly be joining you soon. I woke up to strong contractions averaging 15-20 minutes apart and 60-90 seconds in duration according to my iPhone app. I called L&D about it and they were telling me not to come in because they weren't close enough together and my water hadn't broke yet. They just called back a few minutes ago and said they wanted to check me out at least because I'm 33 weeks and hook me to a monitor for a few hours so I'm heading there now. The contractions aren't as regular as they were earlier though, so I think it may be stopping. If I have to miss my baby shower this afternoon I'm going to be so pissed!!! Besides, I wanted him to bake until 34 weeks, so he's got to wait until next week to come out!

  18. Bron

    Bron New Member

    BG good luck and hope all is ok - 33 weeks is rather early though your baby would be fine. Hopefully he'll stay in a bit longer and you can enjoy your shower.

  19. nessa26

    nessa26 New Member

    BG, good luck and keep us posted. Hopefully they can just figure out what might me causing the contractions and give you something to stop them.

  20. BunnyGirl19

    BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

    Well, the contractions have slowed significantly on their own and I've only had one in the last hour. They are going to send me home in about an hour unlesd they pick back up again. I'm still 3.5 cm dilated so that hasn't changed. He's still breech too. The good news is the whole time they've been monitoring me my BP has not gotten higher than 140s/80s and I still have only trace protein in my urine. I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday for a growth scan and to check his position again. We should also be discussing more about what to do for labor and delivery. I know he'd said before if I went into labor on my own after I hit 34 weeks they won't try to stop it. If I can make it to 37 weeks we're going to try a version to flip him if he's still breech. If I make it to 39 weeks I'm either going to be induced or have a C-section. I'm just getting really anxious and impatient at this point because of my issues. Hopefully my doctor switches me to heparin instead of Lovenox soon because of the issues I'm having. Heparin can be reversed and Lovenox can't. I'm just kinda confused about what to do today about my Lovenox shot. My doctor said not to do my shot if I'm having contractions just in case (bleeding risk) and the on-call perinatologist said to still do my shot today.


Share This Page