Due in January/February/March 2011 - *Part 2*

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by *mel*, Oct 22, 2010.

1. iampam

iampam Active Member

Passed a few small blood clots... off the hospital at 4am...

2. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Good luck Pam.

3. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

Good luck, Pam. I would say either way at this point it sounds like you will be coming back with a baby. [​IMG]

4. iampam

iampam Active Member

At the hospital! The wifi works, yay [​IMG]

Baby and I look fine... the doctor is coming in in less than 2 hours, so it wasn't really worth going home and back. Still having a little bleeding but it's obviously not a major concern at the moment.

They think it's from having sex, but I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a very small placental abruption or something. We'll see.

SO backing up a bit, we DTD around midnight. I wasn't sleepy and wanted to get some work done, and started getting crampy, pretty normal pattern at this point (and I really hope it's doing SOMEthing because it's soooo annoying and not fun).

So on top of that, I got a little constipated. I hung out in the bathroom awhile, moving around, trying to get things moving, which eventually they did. I wasn't straining or anything... but definitely noticed a decent amount of bright red blood in the toilet (I knew it was vaginal).

I wasn't that worried at first, I thought maybe it was bloody show, but google said that's usually pink or brown. So I put on a pad and figured since I was seeing the doctor in the morning I wouldn't worry about it unless it got worse.

Tried to go to bed a bit later but never really fell asleep because I was in too much pain from the cramping. I think I had a few contractions, but the cramping has been almost constant, and I'm not getting much of a break in between. Maybe an hour later I got a pretty strong one, so I got up to walk around and pee. When I got up, I could tell there was more blood... and when I sat down to pee there were several small blood clots. Yikes!

So I called the hospital and they said I should come in. I woke up DH and we finished packing our stuff (just in case) and went in. Baby looks good on the monitor. I had a few "real" contractions, but they're pretty far spaced out still. Baby is still very active. How can this child still have so much room to move around? Good grief.

So now DH is conked out on the recliner. I know I should try to get some sleep, but it's hard when I'm so crampy [​IMG]

I am really glad baby looks so good [​IMG] I was worried I might end up needing an emergency c-section or something and that's not my idea of a good time.

5. iampam

iampam Active Member

OK the midwife is on today. Checked me and I was 3cm, 80% effaced, baby is in a good position, has a "good head" (whatever that means) and I have a "good pelvis". She doesn't think he is too big. She swept my membranes which hurt like hell.

And they admitted me. Time to have a baby! I'm here a lot earlier in labor than I would have liked but whatever. Time to try to get a nap in, I've had almost no sleep.

Glad baby didn't like the idea of an induction either [​IMG]

6. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Oooooh! Good luck Pam! Hope you have a nice speedy labour and that it all goes to plan [​IMG]

7. Bron

Bron New Member

Good luck Pam! Sounds like things are moving - wishing you a good labour.

8. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Yay, good luck today! Get some sleep, stay hydrated, and congrats!!

9. TDG

TDG New Member

About damn time! LOL :p [​IMG] Good luck!!! Cant wait to hear about it n see the stubborn lil man!

10. iampam

iampam Active Member

Thanks guys [​IMG] Not much happening so far, I got a short nap in at least. It's silly to be here this early in labor, could be here a LONG time. Oh well. They want to monitor me after lunch and see how baby looks through a few contractions... so I'd better keep moving and hope the contractions pick up a little.

11. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Fantastic! Good luck with everything!

12. Raunchy-Row

Raunchy-Row Super Moderator Staff Member

Oooh! Is there a baby yet?
    Nessa--no matter what they try to tell you, the most current research says there is NO way to know if a pelvis is "favourable" for childbirth other than testing it out. So much depends on the position and size of the baby and how those little suture lines mould and overlap during labour! A long time ago they used to do XRays of a woman's pelvis and decide based on the diameter of the pelvis whether she should have a vaginal delivery or not! Since been disproven, many times over. And I've seen ladies who were told their first baby was "too big" for their pelvis come in and VBAC babies who were 1-3lbs bigger than their first baby! So yeah. Silly doctors [​IMG]

Pam, I hope you have a baby! And I hope everything went peachy!

13. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

RR, exactly!! That's why I said usually it doesnt become apparent until labor that a baby wont fit. I know a girl on another forum who tried to have a natural birth, but she got stucj at 8cm for 3 hours. Her baby boy just wouldn't fit. Well, at least thats what they told her.

14. Bron

Bron New Member

Pam hope things are going well or are over by now - look forward to hearing about the birth.

I only knew one woman whose pelvis was too small and the baby actually died after a vaginal birth due to complications. It is very seldom though that a baby is too big.

15. Raunchy-Row

I'm confused, if her pelvis was too small how did she have a vaginal birth?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

16. Bron

Bron New Member

I think there was oxygen deprivation during delivery - maybe I haven't got the story quite correct but she had to have C-sections afterwards.

17. iampam

iampam Active Member

Please pray that we can avoid a c-section... things seem to be headed down that road... [​IMG]

18. TDG

TDG New Member

Bummer pam. Ill be praying for you. [​IMG]

I had a feeling it might come to a c sect, hes an extra stubborn baby so I just didnt think hed cooperate with your birth wishes either. Hopefully Im still wrong. Its not over til its over!

19. Raunchy-Row

Oh so she had a vag delivery with her first, then not with her second?

Pam, I'm hoping you get that baby out! In the end, all that matters is a healthy baby and healthy Mom!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

20. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

That stinks Pam. What's happening that is leading to a possible csection?

Healthy mom, healthy baby. Please keep that goal in mind!