Due in August-September 2010

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by KawaiiNot, Dec 19, 2009.

1. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Unplanned, but due to make room for a new favorite person august 17th 2010.
    I'm a total noobie, so I'm sure I'll need much guidence along the way! Any other expecting around the same time as me?

Is it normal to have irrational fears of having a miscarriage? I don't know if it's the hormones getting to me as we originally had a difficult time deciding whether to keep the pregnancy or not, but I am definitely worried about miscarrying. It's weird, I have never had such conflicting feelings from my head and my heart you know? Just going with the flow at the moment. I'm only 5 weeks 4 days, so I know a lot can happen.
    I have some off and on cramps, pulling, stretching and the odd ache on a daily basis. Is that normal?

2. OlderMan

OlderMan Member

Another Leo on the planet! Be prepared to raise a star.

3. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Lol! Awesome reply, OlderMan! [​IMG]

4. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

haha!!! im a leo too [​IMG]

aches and cramps and even feeling like your period is about to start is all normal! heavy bleeding and severe pain is not, thats when you call the dr!

be prepared for a sweltering pregnancy, being pregnant all summer can be rough! my daughter was born in september lol!!

5. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Oh my, I didn't even think about the heat! I have a feeling you might be seeing some whining this summer...

I guess you are right, Bryony. I was already looking forward to my docs appointment jan 21st to hopefully get some peace of mind. No such luck, huh? Doomed to be a worrywart from here on.
    I have a teeny glint of hope that entering second trimester will bring a hint of relief. We'll see.

Thanks for the reassurance about all the different rumblings and goingons in there though! I was a bit worried about that. [​IMG]
    I'm so happy I have someone to ask about everything. You guys kick butt.

6. gutterflower

gutterflower Active Member

The joys of being pregnant in the summer [​IMG] My son was born on August 25th.

When you are first pregnant it almost feels like AF is going to show up, totally normal.

Congrats again hun!

7. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Kawaii, my little girl was my first successful pregnancy, and when I was 5 weeks pregnant, I had THE WORST cramps ever. I mean, they were way worse than the worst AF cramps that I had ever had in my life. My DH and I were celebrating our 2 year wedding annversary in Las Vegas, and the cramps were so bad that they woke me up one night while wer were there. I remember thinking to myself "Great, Im gonna miscarry, and we are far from home and my doctor". I never had any bleeding, and carried my little girl all the way up to 40+1 weeks. So, yes cramping is normal, just as long as you are not bleeding or passing clots. Good luck!

8. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

That's very reassuring, nessa26. [​IMG]

Was summer absolutely hellish, Gutterflower?

I told my best friend today. She is 7 months preggo with her first, so she was absolutely thrilled that we can do this together. Shocked but happy.

We leave for my folks for christmas tomorrow. I'm worried about telling them, I don't even know how. We'll probably be fine though... I won't be back before the 27th, but will try to update if I have the time.

9. gutterflower

I'm going to like having my son birthday in the summer though, but yes the last week before I had him was the hottest part of the summer and I was absolutely miserable. I do live in Canada though so it wasn't that bad. Good luck on telling your parents, they are usually happy depending circumstances. My sister was on with her boyfriend 3 months before she got pregnant and my mom was still thrilled.

10. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Congratulations, Kawaii.

11. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Everything went good. My parents were happy, my sisters were happy and my 7.5 months pregnant best friend was absolutely thrilled.
    My sister has a LOT of stuff she'll be giving us. Crib, stroller, breastpump, carseat, meitai/sling, baby gym, bounces seat, toys and all kinds of other stuff. Used of course, but by my nephew so I have no issue.
    HUGE weight off my shoulders! All in all I would say it was a success.

We'll be telling his family this week. [​IMG]

12. OlderMan

OlderMan Member

KawaiiNot, my father bought my wife and me central air conditioning for a baby present. DW delivered our third in July and proud grandpa's baby present was perfect. See if you can work that into the deal with both sets of parents. [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

13. gutterflower

great news hun!! wow you are certainly prepared now [​IMG]

14. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Thanks guys! [​IMG]
    I don't think I need air conditioning where I live, it's not common here.
    But we will definitely have to rearrange the flat to make room for a baby. We have a one bedroom 600 square feet apartment, two dogs, and we can't afford to move any time soon.
    So I'm hoping our parents can help out with babyfying our home with some smart solutions. Ikea here we come! [​IMG]

I'm almost constantly feeling some level of nausea, but no vomiting so I'm not complaining. I heard it can set in a bit later though? A bit low energy, but I think I'm doing pretty well all in all. Hope it stays that way!
    Thanks for asking, Bryony!

BF is dealing sooo well with everything, he is totally amazing me. He keeps googling to doublecheck what I can eat, he does everything he can to keep me comfortable, he's been reading up on the pros of breastfeeding (! :eek:), and I think he has even gone so far as to join a daddy-forum.
    It seems he is actually more interested in this little project than me! lol

Thanks for all your support guys, it's been so good. Now I wish someone could join me in here!

15. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

Kawaii thanks for posting this thread. I just got my first BFP yesterday after trying for 18 months and also don't feel pregnant and super nervous about miscarrying. It helped seeing this discussion. I am due Sep 15 and live in Oklahoma. I will definitely be using my AC!!!

16. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations Alibaby!! How very exciting! [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Congrats Alibaby!!

18. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

w00t for company in here! Finally! [​IMG]
    Congrats Alibaby, I hope the pregnancy fares well with you!

I'm eight weeks now, and I'm in surprisingly good shape. Which of course makes me think that there is something wrong. Why do we do this to ourselves??
    The nausea comes and goes regularly, but I still haven't vomited. Yay! While my energy is lower than normal I can still live my life as usual. I guess I'm pretty lucky. I still don't feel pregnant either, that makes me nervous sometimes.
    I sorta kinda want to do an ultrasound just to see if there is a heartbeat, but there is really no medical reason to do so. And doing multiple ultrasounds can't really be that good for the baby either? It doesn't really change anything anyway, so I'm trying to keep grounded.
    All that said, there is definitely a lot of weirdo things happening in my body.
    For example my nipples are not doing well with the cold at all! Today is -25 celcius here (-13 F) and no matter how warm I dress they will give me a horrible time. They hurt so bad sometimes, it feels like they've been snipped right off and I'm left with open sores oozing blood. Horrible pain, and I don't know what to do about it.
    Wow, that was vivid. Sorry about that… lol

How are you feeling though, Alibaby? 18 months is a long time of trying, so I hope you are allowing yourself to be happy and not all nerves. [​IMG]
    That crampy feeling where you think your period is jsut around the corner does go away, just like the other girls told me. I still feel like I'm doomed for miscarriage, and I can't wait unlit I hit those magic twelve weeks. Although, those worries will probably just be swapped with others.

19. gutterflower

Congrats Alibaby!! Don't think of what bad can happen, think of what good will happen at the end. If you keep worrying about what cannot be prevented you might as well just enjoy your pregnancy and if the worse happens then take it one day at a time to grieve, but for now ENJOY your BFP [​IMG]

KawaiiNot, your not alone anymore YAY!! Normally you should get one ultrasound before 12 weeks to find out what your estimated due date is and then have another ultrasound around 18-20 weeks for the anatomy. I've also had a few towards the end to see if baby was head down. They have found nothing about ultrasounds to harm a baby these days, so some get them weekly if they are pregnant with multiples or if they are having high risk pregnancy. Also my morning sickness what throughout hte day and I never once vomited and with my son I had no morning sickness at all, so it's totally normal if you are puking your guts out (which you can get meds for) and also normal if you get no sickness at all.

20. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Kawaii, ultrasounds are perfectly safe during pregnancy, even multiple ones. They use sound waves to create pictures. What are not safe are xrays, cat scanners, or MRIs. Hope this helps.