Due in August-September 2010 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by gutterflower, Jul 2, 2010.

1. gutterflower

gutterflower Active Member

Continue your conversation ladies [​IMG]

2. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Awwww Ali!! What a cute little guy!! And they are very limber!! Even at 8 months old, Sofie can pull her toes into her mouth!!!!

You all are getting so close!!!!! So exciting!!

3. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

I'm getting very anxious. One minute I'm excited, and the next I'm nervous. It doesn't help that I'm bored at home most of the time. I wish I was working full time to help pass the time more quickly, but it's not likely that anyone would want to hire a pregnant woman for the next 2 months. I need a project...

4. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Youre not working Ali? Yeah, I think a job or project would pass the time more quickly. Maybe you can make something for the baby's room. I crocheted a blanket for my daughter before her arrival. I dunno, just an idea!!

5. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

My husband's family has a eyewear boutique and I help out 2 days a week. If it was busy enough I would help out more, but not having anything to do at work is worse than not having anything to do at home, so 2 days a week it is.

I crocheted a baby blanket to pass time before my first appt at 6 weeks. I was so anxious that it made me crochet very fast! It's funny because I randomly used some yarn that I already had and it was a combination of browns and blues and told DH "if it's a girl she'll just have a blue blanket" but we are having a boy so that worked out well!

I have already made curtains for his room, had it painted, all the furniture is in the room and ready, I painted some canvases and hung them on the wall, I have washed all his clothes and put them in the closet and dresser (we were given 5 boxes of 0-6 month hand me downs!), I have shampooed the carpets and cleaned every nook and cranny in the house, I have prepped all the cloth diapers and wipes, and I've registered for everything that I don't have but need. I'm reading a book about Hypnobirthing and another one about breastfeeding. Just waiting now. (Sigh)

6. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Now, what you should do is go for walks, rent dvds, read books in coffee shops... You'll get cabin fever quite easily once your boy arrives what with sleeplessness and general exhaustion from pregnancy and childbirth.

7. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

I didnt leave the house for 2 weeks after my daughter was born. I don't think it made my blues any better either. Sounds like you have pretty much everything done for his room. I'm really out of suggestions!!!

8. Confused-Hasya

Do what you can for yourself now. That's my suggestion.

9. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

Well, Nessa, if you think of anything let me know. [​IMG]

Confused, that sounds like a good idea to get as much "Me" time in now while I can. I'll try to do that, although my brain is completely hijacked by thinking of my baby all the time - especially since he's a squirmy little guy!

10. Confused-Hasya

That's precisely why I am repeating this over and over, get some you time in. Enjoy the time when you are the focus of you and everyone around you. Trust me, no one is going to care much about how you are feeling very soon. They will, during the recovery phase but after that...

11. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

Kawaii, you said you were freezing meals, right? Any good suggestions on things that freeze well? I've tried some casseroles in the past and learned that noodles are a no-no. The only thing I know that freezes well is soup/chili.

If anyone else has any ideas I'd love to hear them! I don't want to be eating fast food the first couple of weeks after DS is born.

12. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Ali, I tried so hard to come up with fast, easy to make meals or frozen ideas before my daughter was born. I knew cooking meals wasnt going to happen the first few weeks. I unfortunately never came up with anything and did end up eating fast food the first few weeks. Maybe stir fry, or frozen pizzas? Naturally, they are not healthy, but those first few weeks, youre probably not going to be too concerned about eating healthy ( I wasn't). And buy a lot of paper goods! Paper cups, plates, and plastic utensils. You dont want to be washing dishes!

13. Confused-Hasya

lasagnas...pasta sauces...

14. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

Oh, good tips on paper plates and lasagna.

15. Lily_Blossom

Lily_Blossom New Member

I am going to stock up on healthy choice frozen dinners for just after the baby is born. My husband and daughter will have to live. Although if I know him he'll just go out and buy something [​IMG]

16. Bron

Bron New Member

Luckily my DH knows how to cook and we often share the cooking sometimes doing it together. I cannot imagine having time to cook and freeze meals - what on earth did I do when my DD was born? I have not got a clue [​IMG]

Making meals in my house is always a hurried affair anyway though - so even if its pasta, I just turn the pot on and check on it every now and then while doing 5 other things - I'm surprised our house has never burnt down. I did stock up on lots of fruit juice and made sure there was always bread and something to put on it to prevent my sugars going low. The rest sorted itself out and I'm hoping it will this time too.

17. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

I am also pretty lucky in that BF pretty much does all of our cooking, he's really good at it too! I have promised him that I will learn to cook while on maternity leave though, i can hardly expect him to come in from work in the evening and cook when I have been home all day, even if I do start off with very basic foods! lol!

18. Lily_Blossom

Lily_Blossom New Member

You guys are so lucky that your SO's help with the cooking. Mine is clueless in the kitchen, to this day he still asks me what cupboard contains what! [​IMG]

I wanted to share my 30 Week bump:
    [​IMG]

19. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Beautiful bump Lily!!

20. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

Lily, you look absolutely fantastic!