Due in April, May, June 2011

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by BunnyGirl19, Sep 8, 2010.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 that have free access to thousands of health related discussions.. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

I wanna see pics!!!

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

TDG- I am feeling pretty good. My back is still sore and i'm so tired. I don't know how much of is because I was on bedrest and not allowed to do anything for a month and now i'm just getting back into it or if its because i'm adjusting to being up at all hours of the night. It will be nice to have energy again! [​IMG] When will that happen?

3. TDG

TDG New Member

about 18 years... LOL. Obviously it depends on lil miss...but personally I feel good around 6-8 weeks. lol

4. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Oh wow, how did I miss this! Congratulations, Love! I am so glad that she's here, safe and sound! Speedy recovery to you. Be careful, you just had major surgery. Don't be bouncing about as I know you must be wanting to do on seeing your little darling :).

5. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Thanks Confused! I'm def. not able to bounce about as much as i'd like. I'm getting worn out quickly. Plus just adjusting to the feeding schedule [​IMG] Things i'd say are going well though! I just love her!

6. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

BG how is feeding going? Any updates? I'm still using the nipple shield. I think i'm going to make an appt with the lacation lady to see about weaning off of it. But, I feel like I need a professional to say K is ready. If she is still to small then i'll just keep using it.

7. BunnyGirl19

RJ refuses to latch now so I can't BF. I think he got so frustrated with not getting anything that way that he won't even try. I'm still pumping and Iget enough to give him 1 oz mixed in his formula nearly every feeding. And he weighed 7 lb 0 oz on Thursday so growing but still 3rd percentile.

8. TDG

TDG New Member

what a big bummer bg! I really think they made you wait way too long to get him on the boob. Oh well...gotta do what ya gotta do..a healthy happy baby is the only thing that matters. Hows his pooing going now?

9. iampam

iampam Active Member

That stinks Bunny. At least you're able to give him something, every little bit of breastmilk helps! Glad to hear he's growing [​IMG]

10. BunnyGirl19

He poops like once a day now, but it smells horrible! I never realized how bad formula poop smells. LOL

I think they totally screwed up my BF'ing as well. I'm going to keep pumping for sure until I go back to work in four weeks and probably still try to after as well because I'd like him to get breast milk until he's 6 months old even if it's not exclusively. It's looking like he'll be getting solids a little sooner now since he's on formula. I don't trust that he's getting enough of varied nutrients from the formula and he doesn't get enough milk to make up for it. I was planning to start veggies at 6 months but probably 4-5 months now. At least I can still make homemade baby food for him! I got a Beaba Babycook as a shower gift (shockingly two people bought me one so I had to exchange one for some of the accessories and recipe books) so that should make it extra easy and convenient. I'm still researching what the best options are for first foods as I know grains and cereals aren't. Looks like I'll be spending my free time reading up on it at the Weston A. Price Foundation site and my traditional diet cookbooks and nutrition books.

11. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

What are thoughts on going on birth control when breast feeding? I've heard that it can effect your milk supply? IS that true? My dh wants me to go back on bc as soon as possible. I was supposed to start yesterday but the pharmacy was closed. I keep going back and forth with whether or not to go back on it. DH of course doesn't want to use condoms. What to do what to do?

12. TDG

TDG New Member

lol...formula poos are sooooo nasty. The spitup is a million times grosser too.

love..you can only take the mini pill while bfing(progesterone only I believe) and my obgyn said is not very effective at all and recommends useing condoms as backup while on it so I never bothered and just stuck with condoms. She never said anything about it affecting milk supply tho.

13. BunnyGirl19

Only estrogen containing BCPs are supposed to affect milk supply, not the progesterone ones. I'm not going on any method of birth control, just sticking with my charting. We aren't really preventing either though, just "see what happens" for a few months before we start trying again.

14. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Oh boy! What's gonna happen BG is that you are gonna wind up knocked up again soon. I can't believe you;ve even had time to have sex with a 4 week old newborn much less even being ready to have sex physically. I thought it wasnt even recommended until at least 6 weeks because your cervix is still open.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

15. BunnyGirl19

RJ is pretty easy for the most part, just issues with extreme fussiness at night and not wanting to sleep. He was just diagnosed with reflux though so I've got to medicate him for it so it doesn't burn so much. They said he should outgrow it between 6 months to a year when his sphincter muscles get stronger.

16. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Where is everyone? Did you all move to a different thread?

Not much new here. K slept 5 straight hours last night. I feel like a new woman! I can't honestly believe she slept that long. She ate off and on for 2 hours last night. So she musta been really full!
    I have a nurse coming from the health dept. today. They offer it as a free service. I'm hoping she can give me some pointers for completely weaning K from the nipple shield. Then we have our 1 month well baby on Thursday. I thought it was today! oops.
    I start my part time job today. Its working from home for a university. So I dont have to leave but its still a time commitment.

Hope everyone is doing well!

17. labby06

labby06 Active Member

5 hours straight at one month? That is awesome! I think Olivia was closer to 8 or 9 months before I started getting those stretches!

What kind of work are you doing for the university? I'm looking out for some potential part time work at home positions for after the 2nd baby arrives because I really don't want to go back to work full time. A position like that would be great!

18. BunnyGirl19

RJ has slept 5-1/2 once, but it never happened again. He usually does 3-4 when he sleeps (hit or miss with his acid reflux). I'm not nursing though. I couldn't bring my supply back no matter what I did or how often I nursed. I think the formula helps him sleep longer.

19. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Love feel free to join us over in the "infants to 1 year" thread!!! It's busier than this one [​IMG]