Due April, May, June 2013

Discussion in 'Who's Due When...' started by *mel*, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Raunchy-Row

Raunchy-Row Super Moderator Staff Member

Mel do they not offer external cepahlic version where you are? Maybe one of the OBs could try?

2. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Try the spinning babies website. Tons of exercises and positions you can do at home to get baby to flip.

3. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Three weeks? Seriously? Where did time go?
    I know your uterus is a bot wonky and/or crooked, turning might not be easy for you. I'll be checking in on tuesday!

(Geeze! I can't believe I'm stalking you guys now!)

4. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Row I don't think they will attempt to turn the baby because I have a unicornuate uterus so space in there is very limited at this stage. We will see though, it's all guesswork untill I know one way or another on Tuesday.

Yes Kawaii, three weeks (well less now). Second pregnancies seem to go ALOT faster than first!

5. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

Ohh Mel, I sure hope she isn't breech! Will keep fingers crossed. Where have you been feeling kicks at?

6. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Mel, good luck! I don't know what to wish you for, given your unique situation, but I will wish for one cliched but true thing - healthy mum and baby.

7. *mel*

I can't really tell where the kicks are! lol! Her back is against my bump, I can feel exactly where she is and I feel as she squirms around and sticks her back, head or bum out. I think all the kicks are directed inwards which is why I don't really feel them, not sure if that makes sense. The hiccups I feel are high up near my ribs and with Luke I felt the hiccups really low down, he of course was head down, but I dont know if that really means anything.

The thing that concerns me most with a c-section is BF will get 2 weeks off but then will be working away Monday to Friday. Luke is a heavy kid so I worry that even things like bathing him are going to be impossible. Plus I am thinking leaving the house would be a nightmare too?

8. Confused-Hasya

You're right, it isn't easy postpartum, with a c section, but a planned section is supposed to be easier to heal.

Don't give him baths. Let him just pour water over himself, if he wants a bath. Couldn't some family member help?

9. *mel*

It's the actual getting him in the bath tub I meant [​IMG] Not sure how long it would be untill I could lift him and he can't climb in himself yet? Changing his nappy and getting him dressed can be tough at times and involve wrestling with him also! I don't really have family that could help, BF's sisters work every day, my sister can't drive. I have friends and I imagine they would take him for a couple of hours to get him out of the house, he tends to go stir crazy if we stay in all day. If I have to have a section then I know we will get through, it will just be tough for a few weeks.

I have to say it though, I am ready to get this baby out now! I never felt this way with Luke, think I was so terrified of giving birth that I was happy to stay pregnant forever! lol! This one is taking it's toll though. The dizzyness is getting me down, at times I feel like I will pass out and it can make me feel very sick, have had it for 4 days now. I havn't slept well in months and just feel exhausted!

10. Confused-Hasya

Keep your eyes on the prize, Mel.

Perhaps you can use a foot stool for Luke to climb in to the tub. You can support him instead of lifting him yourself. But unless it is highly entrenched into his routine, don't bother with baths! Just wipe him down with a wet and a dry wash cloth, if absolutely needed. Also, you can try pull-ups and not diapers, so that he can try to put it on himself too. He is near old enough for you to attempt teaching it to him.

11. iampam

iampam Active Member

Good luck with your appointment Mel! I hope she goes head down for you.

12. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

Good luck Mel!

13. Confused-Hasya

Babies, time enough to trouble mamas. Be nice at least in utero!

14. *mel*

She is breech [​IMG] Back at the hospital next week to book c-section *sigh*

15. Confused-Hasya

Awww, be sure to store some meals in the freezer. Soups, lasagna, stews, pies.

16. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

So sorry Mel. For what its worth, Ive heard a ton about planned sections being much better to recover from than the emergency ones and you have a chance to prepare for it too.

17. Raunchy-Row

Awww mel sorry [​IMG] What a bummer they can't do a version. Lots of times on your hands and knees the next couple of weeks!

18. *mel*

I'm okay with it. I had a rough delivery with Luke, I don't feel like I am missing out on anything by not having a vaginal delivery, the recovery with a toddler is what concerns me but I'm sure we will get through.

Row they mentioned a version. I asked how successful it was likely to be given my uterus. She said there was enough fluid around the baby to try, however she did admit that it would depend who I saw on the day. Some OB's wouldn't even attempt it, some may try. She said it was likely to be VERY painfull for me (just the scan hurt like hell when they tried to do the measurements of her head!) and distressing for the baby. It meant making 2 appointments for Tuesday, knowing in advance that I only had a 50/50 chance of it even being attempted and even less chance that it would work. Adding it up in my head with the risks involved I decided to just opt for the section.

19. Raunchy-Row

Ah gotcha. Yeah it does tend to be somewhat OB dependent--most of the ones I've seen here have been successful, not super comfortable for Mom but FWIW I've never ONCE seen the baby in distress afterwards. It's theoretically a risk but I've never seen it. Whatever you're comfy with is what you should do! But maybe she'll turn on her own [​IMG]

20. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

The only thing I would also weigh in on is that a c-section is going to be more painful in the long run, and can also have complications. Good luck, hope your little baby turns on her own!!! And that everything works out smoothly, whatever happens!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013