Due April, May, June 2013

Discussion in 'Who's Due When...' started by *mel*, Aug 4, 2012.

1. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Yay! Peanut is finally starting to do okay in terms of growth and has not fallen behind any further. It seems to have leveled off at 8 days small so I'm measuring 7w4d at 8w5d. I discovered I could keep down milk reasonably well, so I've been drinking about 48 ounces a day. I've stopped losing weight and I'm throwing up less. Since milk has nutrients, calories, and fats (I drink whole milk) and it's also fluids I'm staying hydrated better too. I think that's why Peanut is doing better finally and today had a heart rate of 174. I do still have to take my Phenergan and Zofran though or I'm in bad shape.

2. iampam

iampam Active Member

Yay Bunny! Glad Peanut is getting back on track and that you've been able to find something you can keep down that will keep you going.

3. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Thats great BG!!! So glad things seem to be going well and peanut isn't falling any further behind!

Ash I know!!! This pregnancy is flying by! It's crazy I am nearly 30 weeks? We havn't done a thing yet, must be second child syndrome or something. By this point with Luke we had everything done by now.

I have had a couple of rough days with Luke, mainly due to him not napping well and not sleeping long enough at night, but it has made me dread this baby coming [​IMG] It's not that I don't want the baby, I just feel like I have no patience right now and it's only going to get worse after the baby is born and i'm up all night feeding and stuff. Is this a normal worry??? Luke is such an active toddler and I really worry I'm not going to have the energy, I'm scared!

4. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

I think it is a normal worry Mel. I remember this same feelings, one day I would be on cloud nine and the next wondering what I had gotten myself into. Things settled into a pretty good routine once baby finall did come. You still have 10 weeks to work o. Luke and his sleep and the toddler bed is a big adjustment for him. It might be tough at first, but soon you will forget what it was even like with just one. Kind of the fear of the unknown [​IMG]

Not much news on my front, we go for the anatomy scan feb 13th. Just chugging along.

Glad things have settled BG

5. *mel*

Wow, I am suddenly feeling very pregnant! lol! I seem to have developed a waddle and boy am I slowing down. My bump over the past 2 weeks seems to have had a growth spurt and everyone keeps telling me how big I am!

6. BunnyGirl19

Blah. Failed my glucose test, as expected. Of course, my sugars are still perfect on my normal diet. Now it's a matter of how soon I'll need insulin.

7. *mel*

Thats rubbish BG but at least you were expecting it. How soon did your sugars start screwing up last time?

8. BunnyGirl19

Well, they are still perfectly fine when I eat and it's not until the third trimester that it became a problem that way with Brighton. But I just can't pass a glucose test for the life of me. My doctor has suggested attempting a test with 50 g of actual sugar to see if it makes a difference versus the glucose stuff, and I'm sure it would. But I don't particularly care that much. They're going to be having me monitor my blood sugars again, which I'm already doing since getting pregnant with all my readings being 80-100 and fasting 85-90 range. I have had only one "high" reading that came back at 113 and involved eating pizza, cake, breadsticks, Triscuits, and a Slurpee at a Super Bowl potluck at work. My A1c is 5.2, so definitely good. I'm honestly not sure why they even make me do a one-hour glucose test anymore. I was 152 at one hour by fingerstick (don't know my blood level yet, but it will be within 20 points of that, failing the test is anything over 133), and at two hours it was 91. At three hours I was shaky and weak at at 62 so I had to go steal some patient crackers and orange juice to bring my sugars up. I do realize I have blood sugar issues while pregnant, but I still don't feel it should matter what my levels are an hour after drinking sugar syrup since I don't come close to doing anything similar in real life in terms of sugar or carbohydrate grams at a meal anyway.

9. iampam

iampam Active Member

The 1 hour screen is a joke, that's why I decline it. It has very little scientific validity in terms of producing reliable, repeatable results. Obviously you have legit blood sugar problems during pregnancy, but the screen isn't telling them anything useful.

10. Alluring-Ash

Getting close Mel, thought it might be a good time to bump this thread up!

11. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Mel, your miracle baby is almost here!

Luke is a miracle baby too, in that he fixed whatever it was inside you that delayed your ttc plans.

12. *mel*

I don't think Luke managed to fix my unicornuate uterus or my fallopian tube but I have heard of endometriosis being "cured" by pregnancy so you never know [​IMG]

Yes it's getting close, I can hardly believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. It seems like such a short while ago when I got my BFP yet here I am, just one week away from being full term!!!

How are things with you Ash? Your pregnancy also seems to be going very quickly!

13. Alluring-Ash

1 week! When did you go into labor with Luke again? It goes faster with each pregnancy, crazy fast!

Do you guys have everything ready now?

Thing here are going great! Just had my 2hr gtt yesterday and passed (loved that they did finger sticks instead of vein ) though I did also have iron levels tested and they are anemic though I alway am even while not pregnant.

Noah is very excited about having another baby sister and talks to get all the time, very sweet.

14. BunnyGirl19

My labor went longer the second time, unfortunately, and was much more painful.

15. Alluring-Ash

I meant That the pregnancy seemed to go faster not the labor. I was just wondering when she went into labor with Luke as a reference to this time around.

16. BunnyGirl19

Oh, LOL! This pregnancy seems to be flying by to me, the last two not so much.

17. *mel*

I went into labour with Luke at 39+1. We are still decorating her room but that should be finished this weekend. All of her clothes are washed and put away. We still need to get a few things out of the loft like the bassinet and baby swing and give it all a good wash and I still need to pack a hospital bag but apart from that we are good to go [​IMG]

We have no real plan on what we will be doing with Luke when the time comes. It will just depend when I go into labour. I need to make a list of who is available on which days so I will know who to call. The best time would be the first week in April as BF's sister is off work all week so ideally she could have him for as long as needed. BF is due to start working away on 25th March which is freaking me out a little bit but I am hoping the job may be delayed for a few weeks *fingers crossed*. I have a fear of going into labour while on my own in the middle of the night. With Luke my waters broke and then an hour later I started with contractions but when they started they were 3 minutes apart and very intense, I couldn't walk or talk through them from the start!

18. *mel*

Quick update. Had midwife appointment yesterday and despite the fact I am feeling quite dizzy everything appears to be normal. No idea whats causing the dizzyness? Maybe the way baby is lieing, I don't know. She did however think the baby is breech, something I have been wondering for a while but every midwife I have seen up untill yesterday has said she is head down. I have an appointment at the hospital next Tuesday to determine which way round baby is. Fingers crossed she just has a very round boney bum which feels very much like a head [​IMG]

19. iampam

iampam Active Member

Mel is your blood pressure low? When mine is under 100 I tend to get dizzy a lot. Otherwise it could just be baby compressing some blood vessels. I hope she gets head down and stays that way!!

20. *mel*

Blood pressure and urine were both fine yesterday. Today isn't as bad, just getting spells of being dizzy, yeterday I was pretty dizzy from just before lunch untill I went to bed last night, it was not a nice feeling at all [​IMG]

If she is breech it's very doubtfull she would turn now due to the shape of my uterus, I guess we will just see what they say at the hospital on Tuesday.