Crafting Moms!

Discussion in 'Babies & Toddlers' started by HWG#2, Feb 7, 2012.

1. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Most of them didn't fit RJ right until he was over a year old. His thighs are too skinny. LOL! Brighton is a little "fluffier" but still on the skinny side (around 15th for weight and 50th for height at last check).

2. HWG#2

HWG#2 New Member

Little J was probably 8 weeks before the one-sized fit him and he is a CHUNK! He was 7/6 when he was born, and well over 11 by 8 weeks (can't remember how much exactly). So, honestly, the whole 8lb thing is always wrong.

3. BunnyGirl19

Brighton is 8 weeks and just barely over 9 lb. Since he's long that makes him pretty skinny.

4. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Here are a few projects I've done.

This is MIL's christmas present. Knit in a llama/wool blend. I'll make one for myself with another yarn, this one sheds like crazy!
    [​IMG]

Sweater for H with cute tractor buttons. 100% handpainted merino wool
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Newborn vest with matching monkey hat for my frind's bellybun. Also 100% merino
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crochet cowl
    [​IMG]

Crochet owls
    [​IMG]

Another crochet cowl
    [​IMG]

5. BunnyGirl19

You are so talented, I'm jealous! And those owls are about the cutest things I've ever seen!

6. labby06

labby06 Active Member

Those look wonderful, Kawaii! I love the sweaters! They really make me wish I could knit!

I've been busy, busy, busy trying to cram a bunch of last minute things into my last days at home. Tomorrow it's back to work, so I will REALLY get nothing done. [​IMG]

I was having a really hard time finding a lunch bag for Caitlin that I liked that was big enough to fit 2 sippy cups, a lunch and a bunch of snacks, so I decided to make one. I found this really great pattern and used PUL for it. I also used 2 layers of insulating material to hopefully help keep things colder. I had to adjust the pattern to make it a bit larger, but I didn't really take into account how much the box corners would pull it in, so it didn't really get as large as I hoped, but it still fits everything better than anything else I've seen would. This picture was taken before I topstitched it, which I totally forgot about doing until a day later when I was looking at it. The pocket also got a bit crooked since it slid a bit as I was sewing it. Oh well, if it holds up like the past lunch bags Olivia has had I will be making a new one in a year anyway!

[​IMG]

And while I was at the fabric store the other day, I came across the same apple/pear fabric that HWG had sent me for her tote which I loved and though it would make an awesome lunch bag. So I whipped one up for myself. I cut the fabric before sewing Caitlin's so this one is the same size. I used PUL to line this one, but only one layer of insulating fabric since it was such a pain to sew through with Caitlin's.

[​IMG]

I also finished up 2 dinosaur rag quilts for the nephews which I embroidered their names on. I will have to get a pic of those to post before I wrap them up to ship them. Now I need to get started on the caterpillar one I want to do for Caitlin for her birthday. I kind of wish I would have gotten it done by now because with being back at work I have no idea when it will get done!

7. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Thanks, girls! I don't think I'm particularly talented, it's a lot easier than it looks! Seriously, anyone can do it. It takes up some time though. I park my ass on the couch after H's bedtime and knit or crochet pretty much every day. :p

Labby, those are really cool! I have a wetbag in that apple/pear fabric, I love the retro look.

8. HWG#2

HWG#2 New Member

Awesome projects ladies! Love the lunch bag labby! I will someday make an apron out of that fabric for me.

Kawaii-BEAUTIFUL garments! I love them!

Is the owl pattern a freebie?

I haven't gotten much of anything done lately. Busy w/ work in combination with the kids...plus I'm just tired. I did buy to some lovely new yarn at this hippie store at the coast over new years. I spent a fortune, but it's pretty neat. I'm making a really basic scarf w/ one of them, but the yarn is so detailed it will be neat, I think.

9. labby06

labby06 Active Member

Holy cow, no one has posted in here since JANUARY! I know there have been projects done since then! I'm busting my butt on a bunch right now for the holidays. It will be a miracle if I get them all finished! Would love to see what you guys have been creating! :)