Could I be pregnant? Confusing symptoms

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by KMack, May 4, 2016.

1. KMack

KMack New Member

Hi everyone, I am concerned as to whether or not I am pregnant.
    I am 20 years old.

All opinions and experiences are welcome, I'm really looking for any help!
    My assumed variables are pregnancy, hormone changes related to birth control, or possibly complications/infection.
    I feel like a pregnancy test should be showing positive by today (May 4th) if I were.
    I have been very stressed, googling similar experiences constantly.
    I am planning to have another appointment with my family doctor half way through my second pack of birth control.

This is what I am working with:

• My periods usually last the entire 7 days, and are quite regular. Much bleeding day 2 and lesser to some brown on the 6th or 7th day. Anywhere from 18-24 days without being on my period in between the last day and first day of the next period.
    • I started my period Feb 11th, 2016, March 7th or 8th, 2016, and April 4th, 2016.
    • I had sex March 19th with condoms (twice) (guessing he applied them carefully) I was not on birth control at the time.
    • My period in April was expected to start between April 1st and April 7th. My period that started April 4th had been generally light and seemed to reach the end quicker than usual, definitely not reaching the 7th day.
    • On April 11th I had an appointment with my family doctor and took a urine pregnancy test (I don't know the brand they checked with the container which held my urine) and it was negative. They suggested not to have a blood test for pregnancy.
    • Since that test, starting the night of April 11th, I have been on birth control since the doctor was confident that I was not pregnant.
    • I had taken my last pill for the month on May 1st, (which is when I would have assumed my period to start, but it didn't) I took a CLEARBLUE pregnancy test yesterday morning (May 3rd) which resulted in "Not Pregnant"
    • I still have not started my period (as of today May 4th) but I have experienced brown discharge on toilet paper after using the washroom during the last couple of days. A light brown colour, with small and stringy, medium brown discharge.
    • I have some occasional extremely mild cramps, but noticeable. Causing minimal pain, but like something* is happening down there. Almost a soreness - very mild menstrual pain. (I have no idea.)