Conceiving After Miscarriage

Discussion in 'Surviving Miscarriage' started by Bobeba, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Bobeba

Bobeba New Member

Hello

So it was confirmed that I miscarried today : (

However the nurse said that my uterus has already expelled all tissue as they couldn't see anything on the ultrasound anymore.

My best plan of attack is to try, try again.

How long did you all wait before TTC? I was told 1 cycle.

Suugestions, tips?

2. kmwhite2010

kmwhite2010 New Member

Hi! Sorry it's so long after your initial post, I am new to the forum. I had a miscarriage of my first baby in February last year, and, like you, by the time it was confirmed the baby was already gone and they couldn't see anything on the ultrasound. I know it's a terrible thing to go through, but it'll get a little easier eventually. They usually do advise that you wait one cycle before trying to conceive again, but that usually has more to do with making it easier to date the next pregnancy, rather than any actual health reason. After all, if your body is healthy enough to ovulate, it is healthy enough to be pregnant. I actually ended up pregnant again very soon after, and so I didn't have a period. I had an extra scan at about 9 weeks in order to confirm the date (I had been paying very good attention to my body so I could have an idea of when I ovulated, because to me that helped me know that I was healthy again.) My second pregnancy went much better and I have an 8 month old son now [​IMG] So don't get discouraged! The sad fact is at least a quarter of mothers will have to go through this, but most of us will still be able to have perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies. Miscarriage very rarely has anything to do with a mother (or father's) health. I hope you're doing okay x

3. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

I am so sorry, Boeba [​IMG] It is so hard. Hugs! xx

Be sure to give yourself time to mentally move on from the first one too.