Cloth Diapering Part 3!

Discussion in 'Babies & Toddlers' started by gutterflower, May 20, 2011.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. HWG#2

HWG#2 New Member

How cute labby! Love that big fluffy bum! I hope they help with the leaking! Maybe you can just cut a slit and ad either elastic or a drawstring to the waistband?

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

3. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Those look great, labby! How'd they end up working?

I still have to take a picture of P in her wool. Pretty funny looking!

4. labby06

labby06 Active Member

They didn't really get a good workout leak wise since she didn't leak last night, but they worked great as PJ pants! She loves them! She was so excited to show daddy her pants when he got home and when we were putting her to bed she kept pulling the covers down pointing to them saying "like daddy!" because he always changes in to fleece pants when he gets home, lol!

I did open up the waistband in the back and fish some elastic through this morning. I had some 1 1/2" elastic laying around which fit the waistband PERFECTLY! I put them back on her without a diaper on and they at least stay up now, so it should help to close the gap in the back and make them fit better. Plus, I think the elastic has more stretch than the fleece, so that may be a better route to go for getting them up over the big fluffy butt anyway.

5. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

I got an email from Kelly's Closet this morning saying they had some s'bish back in stock if anybody is interested. If I had some money I'd buy one or two, maybe a NB one and an M to fit RJ. I can't get on their website at work (work blocks shopping sites) so I don't know what's available or not or what they cost.

I cut out 18 outers for my P/NB diapers Wednesday and Thursday and have tails on 6 of them. I was bad and cut out all girl colors and prints because I'm dying to make some cute girly diapers with my girly fabrics. Too bad I don't think we're going to find out gender with this one until birth, or we were planning to find out and tell everyone else it's a secret. That won't work on everyone though because my mom would see me making the tails on her embroidery machine and she'd see the carseat and color when it ships to me marked on the outside of the box. LOL! I cut out 6 side snap, 6 hip snap, and 6 front snap with equal amounts of minky and PUL per style (there's been a lot of cute print PUL I've stumbled across lately in diaper cuts online or at a garage sale). I do have some super cute boy print minky coming next week that I'd like to use for RJ. It's so hard to find boy minky that's not solid colors so I was pretty excited to find minky with cars and construction equipment on it!

6. gutterflower

gutterflower Active Member

I am going to lock this topic up, I started a new Part 4