Charting Guide and Q&A

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by leeaman7777, Dec 3, 2008.

1. BRIANAAAA

BRIANAAAA New Member

Ortholo - I looked around about your question and i couldn't find anything.

One thing I've found from TTC and being on this site is that searching the internet is the Worst and Best thing you can do! You can find the most helpful things, but also things that drive you absolutely nuts... so dont pay attention to it all [​IMG].

I've driven myself crazy doing that [​IMG]
    Anyways - My implantation dip was later with my son as well - and he is A-Okay [​IMG]

Good luck with everything - Your chart looks pretty good!

2. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

I've read that before too, but my doctor said that's not really true unless your LP is not an adequate length. Usually, if your LP is at least 12 days you are okay in terms of late implantation.

3. ortholo-user

ortholo-user New Member

Got a visit from AF today [​IMG]
    More luck next time!

4. ortholo-user

ortholo-user New Member

OK... One more question [​IMG]
    If you look at my chart, FAM gives me the same O day that I thought would be most likely. But if I use Advanced, it puts O on the 19th day, so 2 days after the LH surge. We BDed on days 13, 14, 16 and 17 and thought it was enough, but now FF moved my O day to the 19th, which is 2 days after the last BD. I put it back on the 17th using FAM detection instead, because it makes me feel better =/ What do you think?
    On Tuesday, day 15, I had an ultrasound and they saw the follicle ready to break from the ovary, so that also makes me think O took place before the 19th.

Anyway, I guess the waiting period makes a bit nervous [​IMG]

5. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

I think it could be either day. I don't really know much about monitors but isn't it more likely to be CD 19 based on the monitor? Either way it doesn't really matter, BD'ing 2 days before O day is still good [​IMG]

6. BunnyGirl19

Well, temp-wise it's CD17.

7. ortholo-user

ortholo-user New Member

Thanks ladies.

My temperature has been dropping consistently and it's only mid luteal phase. What do you think might be going on?...

8. BunnyGirl19

I'm not entirely sure, but I had a similar experience last cycle and my progesterone came back really low (6 instead of 10 or more). I don't know if that's happening to you or if it's something else like external temp change or something.

9. ortholo-user

ortholo-user New Member

Well now it's up...? I should probably stop looking at my chart every day. Maybe every 5 days would be better lol [​IMG]

10. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

Hello!
    So I've moved over from TTA to TTC!! woo hoo!! So excited!
    Well I've been charting since May (when I came off birth control) and I *think* my cycles are beginning to look a little more regular, though I don't think I ovulated at all in my last cycle.
    It seems pretty clear that I have ovulated this cycle, but I'm having a bit of a rough time figuring out exactly when, because FF and LC are giving me two different responses.
    FF says CD10, which seems obviouse to me because of the big shift (but a little early actually), but my CM seems to indicate CD 15, which coincidently is what LC says. So I'm stuck with the question:
    - Did I O on CD10, and I'm experiencing a triphasic shift (fingers crossed) [​IMG]
    or
    - Did I O on CD15 and I'm only 2DPO today??? [​IMG]

Fortunately we've been enjoying the worry free BD (which what does that stand for by the way???) and we have both of those days covered [​IMG]
    But for when to expect AF . . . there's a 5 day difference . . .which as we all know seems like ETERNITY when you are waiting!
    THANKS!

11. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

I am not a master charter but cd10 looks quite likely. Only one way to truly tell, I think, but more experienced charters like Bunnygirl may be able to advise you better.

BD = baby dance

12. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

Funny, because I was CERTAIN that it was CD10, but after todays temp, it changed it from a dotted line on CD10 to a FIRM Solid line on CD15. I suppose it does line up better with my CM. Now at least LC and FF agree. I don't like when they don't agree.

I sure sure sure sure sure hope so much that we are conceiving this cycle though, cause too many cycles of this, and I'd go NUTS!!! Thanks for looking!

13. Confused-Hasya

Huh! Probably because of the cm. Not to give you undue hope and later disappoint you, but apart from the cm, my bfp chart looked just as messy as yours but cm lined up with the first rise. I did panic, however, when I saw the second, clearer rise, that we missed O. Turns out, it was triphasic shift. You do know that not all bfp charts have the shift and not all triphasic charts are bfp ones, I hope. Try not to spend too much time staring at your chart. I know, soooo easier said than done. At least, set yourself a certain time of day and certain length of time to indulge in it.

Good luck!!

14. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

no kidding. That is a good idea about setting time aside. I'd like to see your BFP chart. I've been looking t FF's chart gallery, and it's pretty neat to see all the ones. There are quite a few actually that look a bit like mine. It would be just awesome if it was a triphasic shift! but who knows, who knows . . . .

15. BunnyGirl19

Going by temperature alone you could have O'd on either CD10 or CD15. Going by other signs such as CM it would look like CD15 is more likely.

I have three different BFP charts on my FF link if you scroll through them all and look. Each one was a little different.

16. Confused-Hasya

I cannot seem to get a link to mine from ff. But I posted it in Aug '09, as part of the triphasic bfp charts list.

17. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

K, thanks Confused-Hasya- I'll take a look at your posts.
    This morning I had a mild temp drop . . . implantation perhaps. [​IMG]
    We will see if we have a rise in the morning.
    For it to be an implantation dip, does it have to dip below the cover-line? And then, should it rise immediately the next day? I suppose I am just a bit nervous it will not have risen in the morning. [​IMG] Panicking before it's even happened . . .

18. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Temps fluctuate at all times, at all times during your cycle. The temp dip today may or may not be implantation. Implantation dips are actually not very common. Ive had what may have been implantation dips during cycles that didnt result in pregnancy. I try not to read into my charts. Only one thing will be a definite positive sign of pregnancy and thats a positive HPT.

Good luck!!

19. iampam

iampam Active Member

What Nessa said! I had some really triphasic charts in months I was not pregnant. The month I got pregnant there wasn't anything noteworthy about the chart. I was caught by surprise, I was just testing to try out the new cheapo test strips I had gotten, and wasn't expecting a BFP since we had been traveling that month and didn't have the best timing.

20. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

wow, ok, that makes sense. Perhaps it goes a little hand in hand with wives-tales. You just don't know which ones if any of them are for sure, or even notable. I am going to wait until at least 14 DPO to test.
    Pam, I see what you mean, after looking at your charts. There are at least 3 or so that I might have thought were implantation dips. But your BFP chart is just up and up. lol. Helps me not to panic, or search for something too much. I suppose charts are like looking into a crystal ball, expecting to see the future. [​IMG]
    Thank ya'll for looking!