Cellulite

Discussion in 'General Health' started by NYCityGirl27, Feb 1, 2007.

1. NYCityGirl27

NYCityGirl27 New Member

So this is embarassing, but what the hell.

I have some cellulite on my butt cheeks despite the fact that I am thin and have a low body fat percentage (which I had measured). I'll admit that I am not as physically active as I was in the past but I try to do butt exercises when I can/go to the gym and they don't seem to help. Can anyone offer any suggestions on how I can get rid of/minimize this problem. I'm too young for this!

Thanks

2. Unwritten

Unwritten New Member

I'm 115 pounds and you can sometimes see the cellulite on my ass. so dont be embarassed. I'm not sure what more you can do if you are already dong most butt exercises. Do lunge's affect your rear or just thighs?

3. shopaholic85

shopaholic85 New Member

I don't think there is anything you can really do to get rid of it... I think everyone has a problem with cellulite... don't be embarrassed by it

4. Bridie

Bridie New Member

I have a bit on my bum which did improve but not disappear totally with regular exercise. Massage is supposed to help, and dry-brushing. Easier to do if you can get someone to do it for you - aprently 5 mins on each buttock is adequate.

Not too fond of mine, but bf hasn't said anything if he's even noticed, and my bum is the part of my body he loves best, so.....nothing to worry about I guess !

5. ithomas

ithomas New Member

I think pretty much everyone has cellulite, and no one used to think anything of it until some cosmetics company invented the "scientific" name for it. I read something about that somewhere.

Anyway, I have cellulite too and I absolutely hate it but I try not to let it bother me (I bought one of those cellulite removing creams and am too lazy to even use it regularly, except in the summer). My boyfriend has certainly never said anything about it, let alone complained!

A supposed remedy is caffeine, because it stimulates the blood vessels or something like that... I've heard of wrapping your legs with plastic wrap and coffee grounds helps. Yeah. [​IMG]

6. NYCityGirl27

NYCityGirl27 New Member

The dry brushing is interesting. I'll have to look that up. I contemplated getting a cream, but doubted that they'd work. ithomas did you have success with any of them?

7. skitelet

skitelet New Member

Cellulite is genetic. i started getting it when i was 12. a clean diet helps a lot because cellulite seems to become more visible with toxins in your system meaning when you eat junky type foods. mine gets really bad when i eat bad and dont exercise.
    exercise helps me a lot! the extra water gets out through my sweat and your skin looks tighter which dimishes the cellulite. lunges workr you quads (from thigh), butt, and hamstrings( back thigh). by building muscle in that area you will tight the skin. Cardio is important too though.
    another trick some people seem to be against because of the cancer risk, is tanning. it helps hide the bumps. if you are not a fan of tanning beds try the spray on stuff, it worked too.
    good luck with your right against cellulite!

8. Ramona Andrews

Ramona Andrews New Member

Cellulite is a now a days most commonly seen in many people. Taking proper steps is very necessary to get rid of it. Several therapies are used to remove cellulite.
    My friend also used many therapies to get rid of cellulite and finally it helped her a lot.

9. Deally55

Deally55 Member

Cellulite is one of the biggest problems in my life and I would do anything to get rid of it.. of ALL of it. I've heard massages can help, true?

10. Karina

Karina New Member

1. Add one or two teaspoons of cayenne pepper powder, one teaspoon of grated ginger and fresh-squeezed juice from one lemon to a glass of warm water and mix it well.
    2. Drink the cellulite detox drink once or twice daily for one or two months. Or there is one more effective way to get rid of cellulite which I have used after pregnancy when I had the same problem due to the sudden weight loss and hormones imbalance during the whole period of carrying a baby https://ambrossimo.com/get-rid-cellulite-fat-busting-methods/:
      Coarse coffee grounds can be used as an exfoliating scrub to remove dead skin cells and regenerate new, healthy cells. drinking coffee will help increase blood circulation. Mix together 1\4cup of coffee grounds, 3 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil to form a paste. you can prepare a wrap with coffee and olive oil. Heat one-half cup of coffee grounds and a little extra-virgin olive oil in the microwave for 20 seconds. Spread the warm mixture on the cellulite and cover it with plastic wrap. Leave it on for 30 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water. Do this twice a week until you see improvement.

11. Karina

Karina New Member

1. Add one or two teaspoons of cayenne pepper powder, one teaspoon of grated ginger and fresh-squeezed juice from one lemon to a glass of warm water and mix it well.
    2. Drink the cellulite detox drink once or twice daily for one or two months. Or there is one more effective way to get rid of cellulite which I have used after pregnancy when I had the same problem due to the sudden weight loss and hormones imbalance during the whole period of carrying a baby https://ambrossimo.com/get-rid-cellulite-fat-busting-methods/:
      Coarse coffee grounds can be used as an exfoliating scrub to remove dead skin cells and regenerate new, healthy cells. drinking coffee will help increase blood circulation. Mix together 1\4cup of coffee grounds, 3 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil to form a paste. you can prepare a wrap with coffee and olive oil. Heat one-half cup of coffee grounds and a little extra-virgin olive oil in the microwave for 20 seconds. Spread the warm mixture on the cellulite and cover it with plastic wrap. Leave it on for 30 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water. Do this twice a week until you see improvement.

12. Deally55

Deally55 Member

Karina no offense but I've heard about similar things (maybe not this one exactly) and I've applied them with little no absolutely no help so I doubt that these methods work... generally... the only thing that I've done to see real improvement on my cellulite was massage... really hard and painful massage...