Caramel Cheesecake Bars

Discussion in 'Aphrodite's Kitchen' started by leeaman7777, Dec 11, 2009.

1. leeaman7777

leeaman7777 Active Member

Ingredients

1-1/2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Crumbs
    1 cup chopped pecans, divided
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    4 pkg. (250 g each) PHILADELPHIA Brick Cream Cheese, softened
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup sour cream
    1 Tbsp. vanilla
    4 eggs
    1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Grease foil. Mix graham crumbs, 1/2 cup of the pecans and the butter. Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.

Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.

Bake 45 min. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Lift bars from pan onto cutting board, using foil handles. Drizzle with topping; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans. Let stand until topping is set. Store any leftovers in refrigerator.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

2. OlderMan

OlderMan Member

leeaman, you're killing me! How can anyone post so many yummy recipes so fast. Not fair.

3. leeaman7777

lol.. Sorry hun... I have more to post as well just thought I would give it a break.... lol

More to come over the next few days. I put them up on a different board so it is easier this time to just copy and paste them rather then write them all out again.. My other site is down right now tho so will have to wait til it is back up, I am not wanting to write as these out again..lol

4. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Leeaman...are the pecans a necessity in this recipe?

5. leeaman7777

[​IMG] I would use them in the crust for at least or even substitute for Walnuts.. The other 1/2 cup of them you could leave out for sure as it is only a garnish..

You could always try leaving them out of the crust as well might not make much of a difference. I just have never tried it myself.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

6. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Well DH is allergic to all nuts with the exception of peanuts and although that would make me well off [​IMG] it's something I keep on the back burner in case of emergencies...you know the accidental poisoning???? LOL

7. leeaman7777

LMAO @ BJ you are too funny...lol

Well by all means then I would give it a whirl with out using the nuts at all and see how it goes. I couldn't see it making that much of a difference. Or you could even try doing something like this next part as the crust, it is from another cheese cake recipe I have.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013

8. Linda Y

Linda Y New Member

I have to try these tomorrow, they sound yummy!

9. maybeth

maybeth New Member

Oh my gosh that sound deee-lish!

10. MizzAmber

MizzAmber New Member

Wow, these sound amazing LeeMan! If I don't have time to let them set, the 4 hours you mentioned, any suggestions?

Looking forward to seeing some more.