Brown Discharge

Discussion in 'General Health' started by amylou, Apr 16, 2007.

1. amylou

amylou New Member

Hi Guys,

This is a little embarassing, but has anyone ever gotten brown discharge. or know what it could be?

Im on day 23 of my (somewhat irregular) cycle, and for the last two days i have been getting a light, pale brown discharge. I am not on any medication, and have been experiencing heavy and painful periods for the last yr or so (ever since coming off the pill) I also get really sore breasts a week before my period, and always end up taking pregnancy tests just to be sure im not pregnant. I had a normal period last month, and have only had sex twice (using a condom both times)

Also, before i started my relationship with my partner we both had STD tests that were negative.

Any clues what the discharge could be?

Amy xx

2. mswitt

mswitt New Member

I got that for a little while last year during a time when I was under a lot of stress. My period became irregular, and a few days before my period started I'd get a discharge. I believe that it's just blood. Sometimes mine was fresh, other times it was old and brown. If it keeps up or bothers you, you can get a doctor's advice, but I'd say it's nothing to worry about for the time being. I think it's just your body adjusting to new hormone levels.

3. Juicy-Juls

Juicy-Juls Active Member

Well as I blush....I have endo and every month I have the icky broen discharge right before my period....My doc told me it is like mswitt says your hormones..They are flucuating(sp?)...

But then again it is something you want to have checked out also...B/c it could be something else..But more and likley just your hormones going up and down...

4. amylou

amylou New Member

Thanks mswitt, I am in my final month of university so i am a little stressed. Ive been off the pill for 16 months now though.
    Im just a little worried as it doesnt seem like blood (ive had breakthrough beeding and dark brown blood before) this just seems a little thicker.
    I will try and see a dr, i phoned today and the earliest appointment is in two weeks!! : (

5. mswitt

mswitt New Member

Good luck. Last year my period went back to normal not long after leaving school for the summer. It is well known that stress can mess your cycle up.

My school health service has a program where you can just talk to a RN over the phone. Does your school do this? It would be easier because she could tell you for sure if it's no big deal or if you should be getting into the doctor.

6. amylou

amylou New Member

yeh, thats a good idea. I will look into that. Thanks again

7. amylou

amylou New Member

yeh, thats a good idea. I will look into that. Thanks again

8. amylou

amylou New Member

I don't chart, but maybe i should. My periods have always been erratic, maybe it would be a good idea to see if theres a pattern in my cycle.

This may be a silly question, but what exactly is an anovalatory period?

9. Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea New Member

Oh, that just means that you do not ovulate during that specific cycle, and no, it's not a silly question. [​IMG]

10. Temptress Tally

Temptress Tally Super Moderator Staff Member

I have brown discharge just a couple days before my AF start. Doc said its nothing to worry about. But the brown spotting also only started after i came off HBC.AND i am finding it hard to conceive dont know if there is a link between all of this but ive been off the pill for nearly three years and been brown spotting ever since but only before AF not mid cycle.

11. kerop33

kerop33 New Member

Heyy i'm going through the same thing right now except i'm nauseaus and there's a lovely itching and burning with it....and its a darker brown.... i haaaaaate being a girl sometimes.