Best Money Saving Tricks!

Discussion in 'Money Saving Tips And Tricks' started by HereWeGo#1, Oct 3, 2009.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. HereWeGo#1

HereWeGo#1 New Member

Attention all mommies! Given the tough economic times, I thought it would be a good idea to create a space to share and learn about ways to save money on family/household items. I am particularly interested in baby gear, formula, diapers (cloth & disposable) clothes, etc. But anything family/kid related would be helpful! Include websites you like, coupons (and where to find) and stores that have great sales/specials.

Thanks!

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

I'm not really great at saving money, but one thing I've started to do when purchasing online is to check for coupons. I type the name of the store and "coupon" into google--usually get led to a coupon code site and typically save up to 5% and get free shipping. I think one coupon site I have luck with is called 'retailmenot.com' or something like that.

3. enough_already

enough_already New Member

I should be making $200 extra for doing basically nothing. Both Chase and Bank of America are paying people $100 to open checking accounts.

Bank of America wants you to open a checking account with them for $500. You have to use the debit card like three times and keep over $300 balance in the account for like thirty days. If you meet the program requirements, they pay you $100 by depositing it into your account.

Chase did the same thing only you only need to deposit $100 and use the debit card five times. At the end of the trial period, they're supposed to deposit $100 into your account.

I'll let you all know how it works out, but I think it should.

I keep checking for deals like this regularly. There are qualifications and disqualifiers like you can never have had a Chase or Bank of America checking account before, as far as I recall.

Just google those banks special offers and get the program details for yourself.

4. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

I just bought a new $150 Glacier Bay toilet for my new house (old one was grey colored which matched the sink I removed) and I got one that was eco friendly as it has a button if you go #1 which uses less water when you flush and you push the smaller inside button for #2 which makes button number 1 also go down as well...this allows more water flow to push down "extras"

But it's suppose to save 20% to 40% on your water bill

And since I just watched DIY network and they stated that your toilet uses even more water then your washing machine or dishwasher...I think that's a good way to go.

5. gutterflower

gutterflower Active Member

\

Nice, but our water bill is the same every 2 months, we have a standard amount that they bill us every 2 months, but it does increase every year or 2 [​IMG] so much for saving money there...

Also I applied online to Huggies and Pampers and they mailed me coupons. I'm still getting coupons from Huggies since I applied for Audrey 2 years ago and now I'm getting some for JAsper. So we are a Huggies family.

I'm not good with saving money at all, it's an improvement of me using coupons, but I normally won't buy 'me' anything unless it's a super deal and I still thought $400 for 2 pairs of prescription glasses tooo much, but I got 50% off the one pair and the other pair was a sunglasses special for only $129.99 with your prescription lense included, which mine are like over $200 prescription, so that's a super deal for me.

So basically just looking out for deals aswell!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

6. leeaman7777

leeaman7777 Active Member

Anyone in the Canadian area can send for coupons from the site I have added below. They get different types of coupons up all the time. Here is a little info and where you can find them online:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013

7. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

Brooke is formula fed and she is on Enfamil and I signed up on their website its called family beginnings or something like that and they send you coupon checks in the mail for formula. The first one I got was for 6.00 but the rest have all been small amounts like 1 or 2.00 but hey every little bit helps and its free to sign up.

8. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

How do you sign up for Huggies coupons in Canada?