Bed Wetting

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by demon-dolly, May 27, 2008.

1. demon-dolly

demon-dolly New Member

My son (3 1/2) has suddenly started wetting the bed. He never did this before.

Anyone have any idea as to what may be causing this?

Nothing has changed day to day, other than one of his favorite teachers at the daycare suddenly isn't there anymore. Also, he had strep throat last week, and was on antibiotics, that is when the bed wetting began. He finished the antibiotics on Friday, yet last night bedwetted again.

2. clc

clc New Member

3. kellybean

kellybean New Member

I don't know dolly. Do boys get bladder infections like girls do? It doesn't sound like anything has changed except for being sick.

4. demon-dolly

demon-dolly New Member

We were at the doctors today, and he wants a urinalysis done. I will be dropping off a specimen tomorrow, that is, if I can get the short one to pee in the cup.

5. kellybean

kellybean New Member

Good Luck! Should be fun!!

6. Bear

Bear New Member

Hey Dolly,

I know the whole getting a little one to pee in a cup thing - I have had to get my 3 1/2 year old to do that too!

Grant is nearly 4 now and he only wets the bed when something scares him. At the moment he is doing ok - but a few weeks back he was watching Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs - which he has been watching forever, and now there is something in it that he has picked up on that he thinks is scary and started wetting the bed. I have stopped him watching it and he is now ok again.

Maybe it is the fact that your son's favourite lady at daycare isn't there anymore...kids are funny like that!

Hope you find out the problem - I can sympathise!

Lotsa love.

Tan.

7. kimmchu

kimmchu New Member

I have had same issue to with my son but since im letting him go to the toilet before he get to sleep, I never had a problem with the bed wetting anymore. I also dont let him drink anything at least 2 hrs before he sleeps.