*Baby Bumps - Part 3*

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by gutterflower, Jul 2, 2010.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. starbug

starbug New Member

You have definitely grown, Walle. You will probably notice it grow quite rapidly from now.

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. TDG

TDG New Member

I know some of you smaller ladies are jealous you dont have huge bumps, but I am soo jealous of your small ones! You arent horribly uncomfortable and you look soo good after the babys born where as my after baby belly sucks big time. lol.

You look great walle--I agree with the others you will probably start seeing more and more growth now.

3. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

I see a bump forming Walle! You will probably find it starts growing pretty fast from now on [​IMG]

4. msjackiedt

msjackiedt New Member

TDG- I remember when I first got pregnant I got depressed when I LOST weight in the beginning and I couldn't wait to GAIN weight LMAO. Then when I got pregnant again, one of the thoughts was that I had JUST started to loose the weight and I'd be putting in right back on, I was not happy about that! If I did get pregnant again and the baby stick, I'd so want to have a small belly that time around!

5. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

I agee with you TDG. I don't think there is anything you can do to control how big your bump gets, but I have noticed the girls with hardley any bump, want a big bump, and vice versa. But just be thankful you aren't horribly uncormfortable, and having all kinds of aches and pains which can happen more frequently with a bigger belly. Plus, you'll probably bounce right back to prepregnancy real fast. For that, you will always be the envy of women!

6. msjackiedt

msjackiedt New Member

I was going to mention that too, right now you might want the real big bump, but after you will be so thankful for the small. (if it stays small.... it can really pick up at the end like Mel mentioned).

7. TDG

TDG New Member

I swear its all in how people carry, and not weight gain or even always baby size! I only gained 4 lbs with Evan and I was just as, or bigger than I was with Brendyn! AND I dont even have big babies(they were both 6lb 9 and 10oz)! Im 5'4 so Im not super short either. I just carry straight outward! lol and it is sooooooooooooooooooooo freaking uncomfortable being so big!

8. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Yeah TDG, I dunno. The whole thing is so strange. I gained a tremendous amount of weight. Was bloated from day 1, started growing a noticeable bump at 16 weeks, looked like I had swallowed a beach ball at 40 weeks, and didn't give birth to a monster baby! My fluid levels were fine, and I didn't have GD, but a giganto belly, but average sized baby. Wonder what causes the biggo belly. Must be how everyone carried like you said! I was trying to find a pic of my 24 week belly with Sofie, (for comparison to yours Walle) but I never took one. I only have a 20 and 27 weeker.

9. msjackiedt

msjackiedt New Member

I didn't get as big as Nessa did. I had a slight bump at 17 weeks but took awhile to round out. Here is my 24 weeks for comparison. I got pretty large at the end. I think you will still get that big bump you hope for [​IMG] There was no more room for her at all... she even popped out a peice of my sternum (can't remember the name of it, at the bottom of it.) and it never has gone back into place. It's like a ball at the end of the sternum area. I have a short torso, I think it really is the way people carry or the way people carry their weight. Just as non pregnant women carry their weight differently.

[​IMG]

10. *mel*

My 24 week pic is on page 7 of this thread. I really think it was at that point that I really started growing fast, it was a noticable difference every week from then on! lol! I would say that by the end of my pregnancy my bump was quite large for my frame, everyone in real life was always telling me how huge I was which didn't please me! lol! My baby measured 8 days ahead by u/s right from 12 weeks and my fundal height was a week ahead too. My baby was 7lbs 15oz so definately not huge but he is long! They never did measure him so I don't know how long he was but at 2 weeks old he is growing out of his sleep suits due to his legs being too long!

11. Walle

Walle New Member

I couldn’t agree with you more. Girls who don’t have a big belly want one and vice versa.
    It is my first pregnancy so I really want everybody to notice it right away, but on the other hand I´m very thankful I don´t have to carry a big belly yet. Like you said I think I´m going to start growing from this point [​IMG]

If you are huge, people say things about how big you are, if you are small they say things too; in my case people look at me and say things like “OMG is baby growing OK?” “I thought you were 4 months pregnant”

12. starbug

starbug New Member

Walle, I was like you I wanted to show early on so that people could tell but it actually took me a long time to show. Most of my growing happened between 25 and 29 weeks but seems to have stopped since then. Well it hasnt stopped as it is growing more upwards and my uterus is only measuring 1cm behind what it should be so there are no concerns regarding the baby's size. But because it is growing upwards and not outwards my bump doesnt look any bigger to anyone else because it isnt sticking out any more, and I know because I've been measuring it since I was about 16 weeks and it is the exact same size at its largest point as it was a month ago. I still get told I look tiny including a woman in the dentist yesterday.

I've put 14lbs on in total but again haven't gained anything in the last few weeks. Although I'm sure I will put on a few non baby related pounds over christmas! lol.

We will be glad when we are back in our jeans straight away [​IMG] I don't have a single stretch mark either.

13. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Here's my 18-week picture.

[​IMG]

14. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Cute, BG!

I was told that M would be 7 lb 11 oz at 40 w. She was 6 lb 4.8 oz at 41 + 4...

15. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Cute BG!! You have a high bump like I did! Cant remember what they say about bumps in relation to gender. But let's not get into that, lol!! You're looking wonderful!!

16. TDG

TDG New Member

LOL nessa...high = girl. Altho it seems to be as unreliable as any other old wives tale!

You look great BG! Very cute lil bump!

17. *mel*

Very cute bump BG [​IMG]

18. starbug

starbug New Member

Here is my 35 week 2 day bump from last week. I think I have hit a peak with my bump size at it has got slightly smaller since then.
    [​IMG]

19. starbug

starbug New Member

20. starbug

starbug New Member

Sorry I'm having to do it over 3 posts because I can't seem to line it all up properly on one. I'm no good with these things lol
    [​IMG]