*Baby Bumps - Part 2*

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by gutterflower, Jul 29, 2009.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. gutterflower

gutterflower Active Member

Mel, what a sweet bump hun!!

I was a complete belly sleeper before I got pregnant with Audrey and now I can't sleep on my belly or back because of my back problems. I was never a side sleeper until now [​IMG]

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Gutter [​IMG] Any gender guesses? You are normally pretty good [​IMG]

3. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

Mel, your pregnancy sounds so similar to mine - Chinese calendar, wives' tales, etc. all said girl for me too and your bump looks like mine did at 19 weeks. So I'm guessing boy! You find out next week right?

4. Jennifer21

Jennifer21 New Member

My uterus was by my belly button since my last appointment at 11 weeks and I have still been sleeping on my tummy, I just sleep on my arms to relieve the pressure or I put a pillow under my hips hehe.
    Mel, I am HORRIBLE with gender guesses so I say 50% I think its a girl and 50% I think its a boy [​IMG]

5. BethG

BethG New Member

Mel, maybe you should start a poll?

6. *mel*

Very diplomatic Jen on the gender guess! lol! It was only last week I couldn't sleep on my stomach, the only problem I had prior to that was tender boobs so I had to put my pillow further down so I wasn't lieing on them! lol!

Yes Ali, I find out next week!!!! I can't believe a week today I will *hopefully* know what I am having!!!!

I may do that Bethy [​IMG]

7. Temptress Tally

Temptress Tally Super Moderator Staff Member

Oh my goodness, Congrats ASH, hope you have a happy and healthy nine months [​IMG] !!

8. Jennifer21

Jennifer21 New Member

ahhh you find out next week, I am so jealous! I have 2.5 weeks to go and I am dying!

9. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Hopefully your babies cooperate. Sofie wouldn't open her legs, so I walked out of my appointment only about 75% sure she was a girl. I was kinda bummed, but babies show their little personalities already when they are still inside you!!!

10. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

My friend gave me a tip to drink orange juice before the appt. My little guy gave us several good views and there was no question! I saw it before my doctor said it was a boy, it was so obvious!

11. gutterflower

Mel, so far i'm guessing a boy [​IMG]

12. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

mel, im guessing girl. NO idea why but i just have a feeling [​IMG] im almost always wrong LOL!!!

13. *mel*

Mixed opinions then! lol! It's odd, my bump doesn't look high or low, it's just in the middle! lol!

14. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

15. gutterflower

Mel,
    I find that with a girl it's shaped oddly and when it's bigger it's high up to the boobs. So far I see a beautiful round shaped, not high baby boy belly [​IMG]

16. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

I will be surprised if it is not a boy! Your bump looks a lot like mine did at that stage. I thought I was in the middle too and suspected a possible girl, but as I get bigger the bump has been lower, so early bumps are a little different I think.

17. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Haha, Nessa, we weren't trying to find out but didn't look we could have. She wasn't ready to let us in on her secret either. The one time her legs were open, her fingers were down there, go figure!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

18. *mel*

Well I wont lie, I will be dissapointed if they can't tell me BUT it's obviously far more important that I have a healthy baby! Thats what everyone wants!!!! I don't care either way if it's a boy or a girl, but I do want to know as it makes it easier to buy stuff and I think it makes it seem more real [​IMG]

Ali I have thought a couple of times that your bump looks a little high for a boy, but that's just compared to some that you see that are REALLY low!

I will agree that at the moment my bump is very neat and round which I hear can mean boy. When I look down at it from above it kind of looks like I have shoved a bowling ball up my top! lol!

19. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

Haha! I have a basketball up my shirt! And you can't tell from behind so when I turn around it's like "Bam!"
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

20. gutterflower

It's that time again to lock this thread because it has reached quite a lot of pages. I will start up a new one [​IMG]