*Baby Bumps - Part 2*

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by gutterflower, Jul 29, 2009.

1. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

I also thought I looked smaller in the pics than in person...until the last pic!!! I thought "what happened?!?!" when I saw it!!!

Jen I think you look great! I agree with Mel..can't believe there are twins in there! You were so worried about weight gain too, but that has so far been proven to be a silly worry!

2. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

Well, I have a belly pic to post, but not to show my growth. I was not being careful when making pasta salad and I splashed boiling water on my belly! ***SKIN does NOT like boiling water*** I went a couple of hours without calling the doctor because I knew that burns are superficial to the skin, but then my paranoia set in and I made the call. Of course, as suspected, no reason to worry. It is not painful now, but an added discomfort as that is where my little guy likes to head butt me as he stretches out! Here it is:

[​IMG]

3. Jennifer21

Jennifer21 New Member

awww ali, I am so sorry, that just LOOKS painful!! Hopefully it will heal quickly!
    Yea I was worried about the weight gain also, and I am still alittle bit because I feel I am going to just PIG out in my third trimester or something and gain a ton! lol I mean I still eat ALOT now, its not like I am dieting or anything.. so when I see how "little" I have gained I am kind of stumped since I am not active one bit.. but hopefully that will change tonight because I really want to start walking!

4. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

OUCH Ali!!!! Buuuuut, you have a beautiful baby bump to make up for the painful looking burns!!! You're on the home stretch now! Only 12 weeks left!

5. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Ooooh Ali that does look sore [​IMG] Your belly is so cute though! lol!

6. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

omg, be careful1 I always wore an apron while cooking during pregnancy.

7. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

I know off topic, but we are talking about cooking and pregnancy; somewhere around 30 weeks, I was reaching up above my stove to grab some spices out of the cabinet above it. I was up on my tip toes, and realized I had turned the stove on with my belly. My big old gut had somehow turned the nob, and I heard the flame of my gas stove trying to ignite, and then successfully ignite. Those baby bumps can be dangerous!!

8. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

I own a really nice, thick apron, but I never wear it. I guess I should get it out and use it because a t-shirt was not enough to stop the water! It doesn't hurt now, just itches (I am controlling the urge to scratch) but there are blisters that are popping and scabbing now. As long as it doesn't scar, I can deal with it.

Thanks for all the compliments on my freckled and burned belly! [​IMG]

Nessa, I could totally see that happening to me! It's like this belly doesn't belong to me or something! I keep forgetting that it is there and it is constantly getting in the way! Especially when I pull out a chair to sit at the dining room table. I pull it out to where I always do, then try to sit and can't fit!

9. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Ali, try applying some aloe on the burns.

10. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

Aloe is actually what I've been using! The doctor said to use burn cream, but I don't have any. I DO have a surplus of aloe in my fridge so that's what will have to do.

11. *mel*

Today at 19 weeks [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I actually look smaller on that pic than last week, prob because it's not bare belly this week. However I do think I have popped! My bump seems to be alot firmer and from middle of last week I was no longer able to sleep on my stomach.

12. *mel*

Oh and I would love to hear gusses on gender, my scan is next Tuesday [​IMG] I have done a couple of quizes online and they all say girl so it seems the old wives tails are pointing in that direction. The chinease calander thingy also says girl. From when I got pregnant I had a *feeling* it was a girl but all of my dreams since pregnancy have been about a baby boy apart from the very first one I had.

13. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

Aww, Ali.... Looks sore! Adorable belly though!! I would use the aloe too I bet it works much better!! [​IMG]

Mel! You are so cute pregnant! I have to say it does look smaller with clothes though! Where is the weekly pooch?

14. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

You ladies all look fabulous!

Ali, holy moly--ouch!!!!!!

Mel, hmm, I have a 'boy' feeling for you(I'm always wrong though). During my pregnancy, I had all girl dreams, Chinese calender said 'girl' as well. Can't wait till you find out.

Ash, when are you going to post in here??

15. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG] LOL!! Prob not for a LONG time! I need my disgusting "flab sag" to round out first and I need to be in a bit more of a "safe zone" that ticker was a pretty big step!

16. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

lol, I totally understand, both about the safe zone and the flab sag--though I'm sure you look great!

17. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

I hear ya Ash! I feel if I were to get preggo now, I would not post a bump picture for a loooooooooong time, because I still have the flab sag, and it would take a while for a nice round baby bump to even it out!!!

Mel, I think you look more pregnant with clothes on, but that's just me. Oh, and at 19 weeks, your uterus should be just about at your belly button, so you definetly have a baby belly. I was unable to sleep on my belly from 14 weeks on!

18. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Wow, I slept on my belly for a LONG time, probably close to the third tri!! I'm a total belly sleeper, so once I HAD to sleep on my side, I had a TERRIBLE time sleeping. Once it became too uncomfortable sleeping directly on my stomach, I extended the tummy sleeping time by at least six weeks by sort of jamming a small pillow under one side of my belly and hip--hard to explain how it worked, but somehow it kept pressure off the bump. Nothing worked when I was forced to side-sleep, it was so uncomfortable and killed my hips and back, and really affected how much sleep I got per night.

19. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Lol DG, I did try to devise a kind of doenut shaped pillow out of my Snoogie when I got bigger and was sick of sleeping on my side. And it worked!! My belly would fit right in the middle, and there was no pressure on it!!

20. *mel*

I am also a tummy sleeper but from middle of last week it just felt like I was sleeping on a lump! lol! At the weekend I did try sleeping with a pillow underneath me so although I was on my side it was leaning forwards towards my belly. It worked apart from it's too damn hot to be sleeping hugging a pillow!