Anyone else trying to lose a few Part II

Discussion in 'Dieting and Weight' started by StLGaL, Jul 17, 2007.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. SAMiAM1611

SAMiAM1611 New Member

nessa, i've read that interval training is better for burning fat than just plain running. if you run on a track, sprint the straightaways and jog the curves. if you run near fields, do suicides: sprint to the 25, jog back to the endline, sprint to the 50, jog back to the endline, sprint to the 75, jog back to the endline, sprint to the other endline, jog back. i find it hard to sprint by myself though. if you have a running buddy maybe you can make it work.

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Ok, so Ive decided to go back on the Herbalife diet. It worked before, and Im going to try it again. I just ordered the products today. Im only aiming to lose 10 more pounds, so its not a whole lot, but I need to do something!!! Also, an exercise machine (more specifically and elliptical) is on my list of things to shop for soon. I have a baby, and can't be running to the gym whenever I want. Goal is, to do exercise while she naps, or in the evening when hubby comes home and takes over her care. Anyone know of any ellipticals that are sturdy, and have good reputations? My fear is that I spend a lot of money on a piece of junk that breaks down quickly.

3. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Nessa, I love the Precor cross trainers at the gym--not sure they are a home product though.

Just looked them up: they do make a 'home' product, but very pricey: http://www.precor.com/cons/en/efx.

4. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Today was the first day I did Kendra Wilkinson's "Be A Knock Out With Kendra"

I was sweating like a pig!! Just how I like! It was a great workout, and I figure after a few weeks, these last 5 pounds just might be gone!!!

5. Raunchy-Row

Raunchy-Row Super Moderator Staff Member

I started Curves last week! Lost 3 lbs already but I'm pretty sure that's just my normal fluctuation. We'll see how it goes!

6. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

New to this forum, I am!

Any suggestions for me?

I used to play squash until about 3 years before pregnancy and danced till a few months before. During pg, I walked regularly and did prenatal yoga once a week. M was born via C-section. Just this past Monday, I managed to jog a bit to and from my car, pain free along the incision. So, I figure, good time to start. Yet, I could feel the stiffness in my muscles, so I need something gentle to start with. Initial objective is to get those muscles moving. I cannot afford soreness at this point, as it requires all of my agility, precision skills and cunning to administer meds to M!

7. Slvrtide

Slvrtide New Member

I used to go there with my mom. It's a nice quick way to get a workout that it's hard to get bored with! Good luck.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

8. kris1980

kris1980 Member

Nessa- i just found my Turbo Jam DVD- I was dripping in sweat (uck) but such a good feeling.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

9. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Confused, always stretch before you exercise. Spend about 5-10 minutes touching your toes, bending over sideways, stretching your back, etc. Thats one way to start preventing sore muscles. If you havent worked out in a long time, its inevitable that you will be sore for the first few days. If you start off with short jogs, and few strength training exercises, and then increase it every few weeks when your body adjusts, you will start losing the pounds!!

Kris, I love the icky but wonderful post workout drench! Lol!! Thats when I run and take a shower and then feel so wonderful and accomplished afterwards!! The Kendra DVD is pretty good too. Definetly keeps you moving!!

10. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Confused, to add to what Nessa said, also stretch AFTER you exercise too. That should minimize soreness, but muscles getting used after a time of disuse will cause a bit of soreness no matter what.

11. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Thanks for getting me started.

Goodness, what's a strength training exercise? I only know how to do Indian classical dance and play vigorous games apart from running, perhaps lifting a few weights. I am such a dunce :-(! Please tell me!

12. anthony

anthony New Member

Hello...i am new to this community. I would like to hear about weight loss issues among old people. I need to give some tips to my dad!

13. candycane

candycane New Member

The best weight loss for older people is walking for 30 minutes every day and eating more fruit and veggies. Please tell him that sweets are ok but don't over do it. I noticed walking is the best exercise as its low impact and everyone can do it. The only thing when walking is to start off slow and to do it at the time when it is not too hot either in the morning or late in the evening before the sun goes down.

14. msjackiedt

msjackiedt New Member

It doesn't look like this board is frequented much anymore.... I am trying to loose about 5lbs of post baby weight. I started out at 107 and lost weight then checked in at 151. I'm down to 1115-118 but want to get to about 110-112. I have not been real good at finding time to work out, and need to make myself!! With the kids, house, school, everything, its sooooo easy to find an excuse not to!! I did stop drinking soda all together and when I did that I lost 4 lbs!!! What is everyones favorite at home work out routine? It's getting REAL cold here so I cant really go outside walking with the kids as much.

15. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Ugh, I'm still freaking here and really feeling like a loser. Not a loser of weight though, ha. I was looking through some pictures taken about 2 months ago and was dumbstruck by how I look. Not good. So, I guess I'll be posting here as some kind of accountability thread. I have no idea how much weight I need to lose, my goal is 10-15lbs and I'll take it from there.

16. fanbrits johnson

fanbrits johnson New Member

yeah weigh loo can be harsh