8 months and counting...

Discussion in 'Overcoming Infertility' started by snowfall, Dec 29, 2010.

1. snowfall

snowfall New Member

Hi! I used to post on here some time ago when I was trying to get pregnant with my first child (who is now 2 1/2!) My DH and I have been TTC for about 8 months now and I've been to the dr. several times for tests and such. I know that they recommend trying for at least a year before seeking medical assistance but I tried charting and ended up giving up because from 10 dpo, every month, I would start spotting until my normal period would start. I knew that something wasn't right and that it would be very difficult to get pregnant if I were spotting like that so I kept calling the dr. They finally did an ultrasound last week and found that I had fluid in my endometrium. My dr. and her colleague were a little confused about it so she decided to suction it out and do a biopsy (not the most comfortable thing I've been through!) The test came back and she called yesterday saying that the test suggests an endometrial polyp. She hopes that by suctioning out the fluid, she fixed the polyp but she doesn't know if it worked. Now she wants to wait and see for the next few months to see if the spotting stops and if I get pg. After that, they may do a D&C which scares the crap out of me!

Anyways, I thought I'd share what I've been been going through to see if anyone else has been through something similar - the spotting, polyps, a D&C, or a hysteroscopy.
    TIA!

2. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Sorry I can't really be of much help, I did have a hysteroscopy but it was at the same time as my laparoscopy so I was knocked out for it!

How long did it take to get pregnant with your first? I hope the spotting clears up for you now. Have you had your progesterone checked? Sometimes spotting towards the end of the LP can be due to progesterone levels being low? Just a thought. Good luck [​IMG]

3. snowfall

snowfall New Member

It took about 9 months to get pregnant the first time and I did take progesterone a few times to get my cycle regulated and got pregnant right after taking a round of it. My dr. was going to start me on the progesterone until they found the polyp and decided to wait a few more months to see if that was the cause of the spotting.