5 Experience based safety tips for women traveling alone.

Discussion in 'Beyond Women's Health' started by Ericka, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Ericka

Ericka New Member

Hi,

I love to travel and I've been doing this for many years. I've lived, experienced and learned many tips I would like to share with you. Safety is first!

1. Choose accommodation wisely.
    Check all the hotel options, location, services they provide and type of rooms. Try to avoid hostels.

2. Choose good transportation options.
    Sometimes, trying to find a random taxi cab at street could be dangerous, plus you don't know who your driver is so, you should book for legitimate transportation companies like https://shuttlewizard.com that can offer you a safe and cheap transportation services .

3. Keep your money and documents safe.
    Do you know money belts? It can be under your clothes and you can keep your money, passport, tickets or cards inside in a safer way. Avoid carrying handbags, money belts are cheap and comfortable.

4. Visit public places.
    Even if you are traveling or not, you need to make sure you're moving in public and safe places, especially at night. Avoid Talking to strangers too and bringing a pepper spray with you could be an excellent idea.

5. Be careful of what you eat and drink.
    Don’t eat or drink too much, know your limits. You can use websites like trip advisor and search for the most recommended places. Try to avoid eating at street and if you want to have fun and take a couple drinks do it with moderation.